New London Attack

You joke, but that’s what the Koran says.

I know Islamic texts say that, that’s why I’m making fun of it.

I wonder if, by Asian, they mean from the Subcontinent, as per British usage?

This attack got way too much media attention which is exactly what they are looking for.

It happened right next to the Westminster Palace, it’s impossible for it to not get excessive coverage.

“they”?

This, AFAIK, was a lone nut case. And he’s dead.

1 Like

More like a violent petty thug. I think calling him a nut case trivializes the effectiveness of groups like ISIS in radicalizing Muslims and converting them to their terrorist cause, even if not done directly. The message they’re selling is very seductive to certain people.

There are way too many lone nuts out there. And they’re organized.

Hard to tell who’s being sarcastic or serious without emoticons. :innocent:

Usually some ISIS types behind the lone wolf perpetrators. They give them instructions over the Internet. Similar modes of attack.
This is exactly what ISIS want, publicity.

What’s hard to tell is what our resident holy warriors really want. There’s a lot of nudging and winking but what’s the plan, really? Expel all Muslims? Internment camps? Outlaw Islam? Bomb the lot back into the Stone Age and damn the cost in "collateral damage?? Whatever it is it must not be pretty because no one wants to come right out and say what needs to be done to end this terrorism once and for all.

We’re in the process of counteracting it in US, but it continues to be a problem in Europe. Merkel is responsible for much of this blind, incautious, reckless devotion to multiculturalism that deprives one of their common senses leaving sovereignty and defence vulnerable. Trump seemed to playing hard ball with her, not shaking her hand, ha. Got her to say they will work together to combat, he actually got her to say the word “Islamic terrorism.” And said with her there that immigration is not a right; it’s a privelege.

I also noticed there was a recent mobilization of NATO forces all along the Russian border with Europe recently, British (and US) forces in Norway and Estonia. I wonder if they made a deal, that Trump is helping with her concerns on Russia dependent on her doing more to pull her weight in Europe for more circumspective procedures aimed at preventing Muslim terrorists posing as refugees or immigrants.

1 Like

Your rights end where my nose begins.

Shouldn’t be a problem for the vast majority of Muslims, However, I want to be Christian, a Jew or atheist, that’s my business. If I am gay or divorced or a Muslim who wants to renounce their religion, you don’t get to force your dogmatic ideology on me.

This dude was really into the English teaching! :astonished:

2005 - Believed to have taught in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.
2008-2009 - According to his CV, he returned to teach in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
2009-2012 - He is believed to have lived in Luton having changed his name to Khalid Masood. His CV claims he worked at a language school.
2012 - Set up his own teaching firm in Birmingham

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4351414/Westminster-killer-flagged-potential-extremist.html#ixzz4cWSZHJMC

3 to 275. The good news is we’re still winning by a wide margin.

The bad news is there’s only 1,500,000,000 more of them to go.

[quote]FROM THE START of his presidency, Donald Trump’s “war on terror” has entailed the seemingly indiscriminate slaughter of innocent people in the name of killing terrorists. In other words, Trump has escalated the 16-year-old core premise of America’s foreign policy — that it has the right to bomb any country in the world where people it regards as terrorists are found — and in doing so, has fulfilled the warped campaign pledges he repeatedly expressed.

The most recent atrocity was the killing of as many as 200 Iraqi civilians from U.S. airstrikes this week in Mosul. That was preceded a few days earlier by the killing of dozens of Syrian civilians in Raqqa province when the U.S. targeted a school where people had taken refuge, which itself was preceded a week earlier by the U.S. destruction of a mosque near Aleppo that also killed dozens. And one of Trump’s first military actions was what can only be described as a massacre carried out by Navy SEALs, in which 30 Yemenis were killed; among the children killed was an 8-year-old American girl (whose 16-year-old American brother was killed by a drone under Obama).[/quote]

Chump change compared to how much these savages kill each other.

And they want to export their mayhem to the civilized parts of the world.

You mean this civilized world?

I still say our pile of bodies in the Middle East is higher than theirs. After all, we’re using jets, smart bombs, missiles, drones and stealth bombers to kill them and they’re still just using guns and suicide vests to kill each other.

Ah, yes. Bring up the painful demise of the Ottoman Empire long before we were all born.

Or we can talk about all the crazy ululating bastards who are slaughtering each other (and sometimes us) right friggin’ now. Because last time that part of the world knew any peace was when the CIA picked their rulers for them.

Granted, they were hot shit when they overran Constantinople. But that’s ancient… er, late medieval… history.

Which years exactly? And how specific is “that part of the world”?

Iraq is surely far more peaceful now after the CIA picked Iraq’s rulers during Operation Iraqi Freedom than it was before.

Let’s hope the U.S. stays the course there and doesn’t do what it did in Vietnam and cut and run, leaving a post-CIA vacuum behind.