New regulations mean foreigners are excluded from public Kindergarten in Taiwan

But I cannot change it. Only the person that started the thread can edit his or her own posts.

If you agree to change it, we’ll be much obliged.

Sorry but I don’t know how to edit it. But if someone else wants to that’s fine by me. What’s with the ‘we’ business?

HH and me, for starters.

Go to your first post. There should be a yellow EDIT on the right hand corner. You will get a window saying: warning kemosabe, are you sure you want to edit? If you say yes, it opens your post and lets you edit content, title, etc.

There is only a yellow edit button on my recent posts. The older ones including the first post doesn’t have any edit option

The posts are too old then.

Mods! Help!

See it only edited the topic on that one post. The thread stayed the same, and the first post doesn’t have an edit option

Eh, I don’t understand what you mean. I see no changes. But you told me you couldn’t change it?

For future reference, if you change the title in your first post as OP, it changes the rest.

Oh well, leave it the mods.

If you look back a couple of posts there is one where I changed the topic title. But it only applied to that one post. It didn’t change the whole thread.

Yeah Forumosa has a feature where after a certain time you can’t edit your posts.
And my experience is that if you change the title , the rest of the thread still has the old title on it.

Sigh. It doesn’t work if you change one random post. It has to be the first one you, as OP, wrote.

But as Tommy explained, and I told you before, your original first post is too old to be changed anymore.

I know

Sigh

@Liam_Og May i know what school your son is attending? I am planning to put my son in Taipei or Taichung for his elementary school.

Or do you know is there any summer school for him during June-July 2017? He is 5yrs old now.

Thank you.

I will send you a pm now.

Sorry to did up an old thread, but you don’t have a message button on your profile. Assuming you’re still alive, could you PM me around what you paid for the private kindy? You said it’s an “affordable price” but I may not call the same thing affordable.

you can check the cost of all the kinder here.

https://ap.ece.moe.edu.tw/webecems/pubSearch.aspx

how to do
https://kids.gov.taipei/News_Content_Pic.aspx?n=E47723377642151D&sms=69B4E6B26379EE4E&s=4AA820EDF7919973

6 Likes

Good resource. Interesting to see what sanctions schools have received

1 Like

Great resource (despite being in Chinese), thanks! You’re always on the ball with links I can’t find myself.
It looks like all public kindergartens are still around 21,500 per semester and prices for private ones range from 50k to 75k per semester. Some are listed as non-profit and there’s no price given. They seem to be associated with charities like the YMCA and children’s charities. I wonder what their admissions policies are. There seem to be few of those. There’s also something that looks like quasi-public that I haven’t sorted out yet.

111 School Year Public and Non-Profit Kindergarten Enrollment Brochure (English version) (pdf file)

from here

2 Likes