Newbie looking to get established

Heyo! My name is Emily and my husband and I are looking to move to Taipei this August (2017)

I am a certified teacher in Washington State, and I am actively looking for a teaching job in Taipei. I also speak Mandarin (although I’m super rusty).

We’ve saved up 6k to support ourselves while we both look for employment, so money shouldn’t be an issue for the first couple months.

I’m new to forumosa, and I’m a little overwhelmed by the site. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Hello,

Welcome to Forumosa and congrats on your decision to move to Taipei this summer.

Believe it or not, you’re not the first one that has wanted to move here to teach English ;).

There’s a fair number of threads pertaining to moving (from the states) to Taiwan to teach. You can use the search function, in the form of the magnifying glass, on the top right of the website to search for related topics. Default search is sorted by relevance, so you might get some outdated threads. Make sure you reset it by date!

You can also browse the “Moving to Taiwan” sub forum on some tips for the actual move. Living in Taiwan subforum is a good resource to get an idea of what’s life like on the island.

If none of the threads you find can relate, feel free to start one yourself. Just make sure you place it in the correct forum otherwise it might get buried.