Nintendo Switch

There’s another thread on this, but it hasn’t been updated in a while. Now that it’s been about a month since it’s been released, does anyone have any info whatsoever on where I could possibly pick up a Nintendo Switch in Taiwan?

If it could be anywhere, it probably could be in the Taipei City Mall.

Does the mall normally close for the upcoming holiday this Monday? I’ll be near Taipei for just half a day on Monday, but I wouldn’t want to waste a trip over there if they’re going to close.

Kuanghua Market at this PS shop (5th floor). (New Building). And outside on the corner of this PS shop (Sorry I do not know the address).
Anyway, enough to buy. Roughly NT$12000

Br,

I’ve never seen it closed.

Thanks! All within the Taipei underground mall?

Nope, he’s talking about the Guanghua Market

Oh great! Thanks to you both! Hope both places will be open on Monday for me to find out for sure.

I might be really dense, but can you clarify the PS shop for me as well? Is there a PlayStation shop there? Doesn’t make sense that it would be in a PlayStation shop so I have no idea what those details mean exactly.

It might have PS signage but carry all manner of systems/games.

I think the store on the corner is this one:

If you rotate the image you’ll see the Guanghua Market and other mall thing.

They are not available really anywhere. Long waiting line or prepare to pay 2x the price. Unless you pre ordered, you will probably have to wait 2-3 months at least before they are available. Def don;t bother going to guanhau. If you are that desperate, you need to buy it from people who will charge you almost double if not more.

Thanks everyone for the input. There’s a bit of conflicting information. So Guanghua is out of the picture then?

Honestly, whatever the price I just want to see if it can even be found first, and then decide from there.

Also, not sure if anyone’s been keeping up to date with the situation in the West, but it’s not so different. It’s out of stock basically everywhere, and only random third parties are still selling it for double the price. So I don’t think this problem is unique to Taiwan.

You can check with Guanhua but youll most likely be told they don’t have anything and wont for months. Yes, like every console launch, unless you pre ordered, you’ll be waiting for a while unless you camp out at Walmart or someting and hope you get lucky when they get like 1 or 2 consoles in at midnight.

Try checking the carousel app to buy it, or other online buy and sell to test your luck.

Between the Guanghua and Syntrend, there is a Playstation store on the corner. I saw in the store they had about 4-5 Switch boxes. I didn’t venture in to see if they were on sale or if they were just display boxes, but give that store a call.

Thanks so much for the tip! Anyone know how to find their numbers? I tried google searching and using the official PS store website but no success

Display boxes, I live walking distance from that store. They don’t have it.

There are 3 playstation stores there, one in the new syntrend building, 2 outside of guanhua. Just go there, one is directly across from the new syntrend building, one is inside syntrend, one is behind on the back entrance. Check all 3.

Okey dokey. Thanks for the response! If I find anything and if anybody is still interested for themselves I’ll post an update after tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the help!

OK, Let me know, as I am sure that yesterday in Guanghua (5th floor) they told me they have it and needed to pay something like the NT$ 12000. However I decided not to go for it as it really looked that tiny and still not many games. But the way it looked was a bit of the non-go.
The PS shop outside I do not know. /Indeed I only saw the boxes.
Next to me I saw even a guy playing with it.

Anyway, maybe when I would really have decided to buy one, maybe they than informed me that I needed to wait some months. :slight_smile: