Nonbinary gender discussion

It means there is no such thing as coffee, not really.

Wish you the best.
Not much to study though.
Gender = Male and Female anatomy and chromosomes …about as basic as it gets.
What you identify as = feelings

I take issue with the OP’s contention that this discussion was about misgendering them. They seemed to have missed the point that this discussion was, rather, about finding a way to respect their gender identity without having to resort to convoluted, confusing language and speech codes imposed by rule of law.

3 Likes

Exactly.
Ask me nicely to call you whatever you want me to call you and I will be happy to oblige.
Tell me or force me to comply with what is going on in your head and I will resist.

The OP can ask her coworkers to use her preferred pronoun, but they do not have to comply. Everyone has free agency to do what they want. The OP should respect the people’s choice around her. If the OP does not like those choices then the OP is free to find a more suitable place to work where people will honor her request.

This fairly recent idea that “this is how I feel” “this is how I think” so you MUST comply or your are a bad person is complete nonsense. Society, I fear, is on a fast track to self destruction.

6 Likes

:ponder:

1 Like

Maybe, but more importantly than that…free shekels!

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/23/transgender-teacher-gets-60k-after-co-workers-wont-call-her-they/

Also, it’s a great way to create new job opportunities!

I’m feeling undefined today.

Good lord what a train wreck of a thread, I’m sorry the OP was subjected to it. But not particularly a surprise considering the nature of this site.

2 Likes

Subjected to what exactly?
A discussion?
Oh the horror!

People need to get some thicker skin.

2 Likes

I’m sympathetic to gender rights but I’m getting fed up with being subjected to endless hypervictimization.

4 Likes

Did someone mention thicker skin?

1 Like

Did you just assume all people have skin? That’s epidermisphobic, and you should apologize before someone accuses you of hate speech.

4 Likes

I apologize. My public flogging shall commence at noon.

1 Like

Good point. However, it’s a good thing that this forum isn’t an echo chamber. Differing opinions are inevitable. As long as respect is shown, and I think it has generally been in this discussion, I don’t think there’s an issue.

2 Likes

The OP hasn’t victimized themself from what I’ve read from their posts.

2 Likes

Me too!!!

Back to the topic. The English language is pretty quick to adapt to new ways to use it colloquially and new words are quickly always added and understandable naturally. Like selfie, yolo, etc. If you have to makes laws and force people to use the way you want to speak. I’m not sure if I’m too keen on that idea.

1 Like

This it true. Languages evolve. Changes by diktat generally don’t work. It’s mainly ease of pronunciation that forces change IMO.

Don’t forget to disclose any potential conflicts of interest, Mr. Animal Hospital.

Just count yourself lucky nobody’s trying to dereference you.

If you’re nonbinary, does that make you analog?

2 Likes