Not Sure If I Can Enter The Country-Got An Answer?

Hi everyone,

Bear with me: my question seem idiotic, but don’t know what I don’t know, and would be grateful for any information anyone is willing to give me.

I obtained a work visa from Taiwan a few years ago and was going to move to the country, but a family emergency came up and I couldn’t relocate. I explained my situation to the company I was supposed to work for. They told me they understood the situation and were okay with it. They then contacted immigration and canceled my work visa.

I’m planning on visiting Taiwan in about a month. In light of my situation, can I still enter the country, and if I can enter, what will immigration put on my passport?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

It would help to know where your from… But it’s unlikely you would have any problems if you follow the normal procedure for your country. If you want to feel extra sure you can, apply a visa at the so called Taiwanese embassy in your home country…

FFS. Yes, your question is idiotic. Being issued a work visa before arrival does not amount to a summons from the King that you ignore at your peril. Immigration couldn’t care less, they won’t know who you are.

1 Like

It’s not an unreasonable question when you don’t know the rules and have heard of the way some “escaped foreigners” are treated like escaped slaves. :2cents:

But yes, OP should be fine.

Excuse the bear OP, it’s near hibernation time and he hasn’t got enough food to last him the winter.

You should be ok. The work visa is null and it’s as if it never happened. Just make sure the passport you hold doesn’t require a visa of some sort to visit Taiwan.

1 Like

In my defense…he did preface the question with the caveat that it might seem idiotic. And to me it did. :rofl: