Ob-Gyn/Abortion in Taipei

What is standard procedure here for a girl whose period is late and wouldn’t want a pregnancy?

In the U.S. (well, California, at least), it goes something like this:
-Get a blood test at a hospital/clinic to confirm the pregnancy.
-Once confirmed, see an Ob-Gyn doctor to get an ultrasound and discuss options (medical or surgical) for abortion.
-If medical, see the doctor two or three more times over the course of 3-4 weeks for taking the medication and follow-up.
-If surgical, make an appointment for a 20-minute abortion procedure.
-Whether medical or surgical, have at least one follow-up exam roughly 2-4 weeks after the abortion is complete.

I’ve heard plenty about street drugs and back-door ways of doing it here. But what is the legal way? Do the Ob-Gyns at hospitals here offer these services? I know that RU-489 (French abortion drug) is, in fact, legal in Taiwan. What kind of permission would a young Taiwanese woman have to get to have an abortion? What about a young foreign woman? What are the costs of going medical or going surgical, including doctor’s visits?

In general, do any of the ladies here have an obstetrician/gynecologist in Taipei to recommend?

Abortion is legal in Taiwan. A year ago, the Taipei Times published an article which has some information on the legalities (“by law, an abortion may not be performed if the mental or physical health of the mother and/or the child is at risk, and a written consent from the spouse of the pregnant woman is required. An unmarried female over the age of 18 is required to have the presence of another adult to sign a consent form; those under the age of 18 have to obtain their parents’ consent”) and the cost of abortion in Taiwan (taipeitimes.com/News/edit/archiv … /15/175785).

I can recommend Dr. Jean Chang (Chang Pei Lin) at Chung Shan hospital near the Ren Ai Circle in Taipei (or via the Private Clinic Center (PCC) across the road from the hospital). I don’t know whether she practices abortions or not, but as an OB-GYN she is very professional and at the same time sympathetic and kind. I have also heard good reports about Dr. Bernice Chen (Chen Ming Jer) at the same hospital. A consultation with a doctor at the PCC is about NT$ 1000 (or about NT$ 300 at the hospital).

I doubt that things would be much different for a foreign woman than they would for a Taiwanese woman seeking an abortion in Taiwan.

Since you are faced with this decision, I hope you manage to get all of the help and advice you need from competent and understanding professionals.

a girl who is late can go to a clinic and request the morning-after pill.

hospitals and clinics have different rules. abortion, probably look at some clinics. obgyn/pre-natal, tai an hospital and zhong shan have english speaking staff.