Obamacare replacement failure

The Ryancare replacement for Obama care failed, as it should have failed. Trump didn’t really seem to be negotiating this one, rather he let the GOP establishment craft it.

Ryan was obviously trying to sabotage it, but if this is a signal of things to come, Trump may get only one term. He should be focusing on want his base wanted, not the corrupt GOPe.

Har har har.
Total failure.

They couldn’t even tie up their shoelaces.

I am pro hybrid heath care (e.g., Singapore, UK, France, UK etc.), but Obamacare sucks. That is why half of the people in most states choose to pay a 700 dollar penalty rather than sign up. Premiums have risen over 30 percent a year and most coops have gone bankrupt meaning there are monopolies in some states that severely limit choice. But bureaucrats love it. Mandating total control over people. Trump`s plan was only marginally better…what a mess!

Mixed systems tend to work well as long as they’re not abused by the government. Obamacare is absolute trash hidden behind a wall of good intentions.

What happened to the Trumpcare (lol) sucks for the average american citizen but it’s good for Trump as he’ll be able to wait for the right time to say:“I told you so” and he also has a good excuse to get rid of Ryan (who he doesn’t really like).

1 Like

It’s good for Trump :joy:

Spoofer-in-Chief won’t get another years. Then it’s going to be Failure-in-chief.

Oh no, he was heavily involved, talking a storm with congressmen. They didn’t have enough votes because of some conservatives, who wanted most conservative foundation at the first vote.

They were trying to tell them that there were stage 2 and 3, that it would be massively different from that voted on, meaning more conservative, more free market, (healthcare savings account, insurance companies able to offer services on national market instead of just one state, Medicaid reform, etc.) but apparently, they worried, probably had every right to be.

Obamacare is imploding, it’s probably best to do it without Republican fingerprints on it and let it remain _Obama_care, but lots of people are gonna get hurt in the process, which is why Republicans were trying to rush in to remedy the situation.

Yes they are so worried about the 25 million uninsured. Expectant mothers. Old folks.
SO worried.

No one gets denied critical access who needs it, that isn’t the issue. It’s about personal financing.

And we already have older people covered, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.

But expectant mothers is an interesting case. Obamacare premiums became so expensive because everyone had to buy other people’s categories of insurance. For example, if you are a man, you have to buy pregnancy care insurance. Everyone has to buy mental sickness insurance, etc.

I don’t think Ryan was trying to sabotage it, I think he went on telling everyone how obamacare was so terrible and that he and the GOP can do it better but had no real plan until he realized shit…now he has to actually come up with something. After everyone seeing how awful it was Trump did the merciful thing and killed it softly without embarrassing Ryan and the GoP as a whole.

Are you talking about the Trump refusing to shake Angela Merkel’s hand?

Trump killed it on purpose?
Now I’ve heard everything.

It’s called a fiasco. Fiasco-care by the current Fiasco-in-chief :).

He was strategic…knew it could not pass. With all the bankrupt coops in Obamacare, I would advise he wait…wait until Obamacare is so screwed, that he comes in and says:

1. We tried something slightly better but their was internal opposition.
  2. Offer something even better at that time.

He knew it couldn’t pass.
That’s why he said it was going to pass all week.

Then when he was 30 votes short he knew it couldn’t pass.
So he can count now.

He’s a fuckin genius!!

1 Like

Ryancare was worse than the original. I’m not sure what Trump was thinking. Ryan repeatedly stated he will never work with Trump. Now if Ryan gets kicked out of the speaker, it will be worth it.

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitics/videos/1498673280164157/?pnref=story

And the back tracking continues :joy:

Many of these Republicans are there on campaign promises to repeal Obama. Joining the bandwagon on this, even if it could have created conservative, free-market reforms, was not an option for many of those members. Strategy was to have the vote anyhow to put the Democrats on record of obstruction. But many moderate Republicans, would have been hurt showing solidarity with Ryan and vote for it and might lose their next election, which is why Ryan decided to nix the vote.

Probably the best thing is to let really bad legislation, with totally Democrat fingerprints just go ahead and implode. The failure all originates with Democrats.

Obamacare.

'Folks that’s old news.
It’s gonna EXPLODE I tell ya. You’re gonna love it. Well you’re gonna hate it but you’re gonna love it too. EXPLODE!

Now let me tell you about the tax cuts. It’s gonna be big. BIG cuts. You are going to have TWO Christmases this year. YUUGE tax cuts folks. You’re gonna have so much money In your pockets you’ll need more pockets
YUUGE pockets!’

Plenty of blame to go around. The Dems get the lion’s share for creating the whole problem in the first place. But there’s no denying this is a major fail for The Donald.

At least he seems to be handling it well. Playing the long game.

Ryan is a worthless dweeb, but there’s no one to replace him. The effort to make him irrelevant was the best move.

“Mr Speaker Trey Gowdy” would be absolutely amazing.

Does Gowdy stand a chance?