Obama's Victory

[quote=“Jack Burton”]2. Best voter turnout in nearly a century:

[quote]America voted in record numbers, standing in lines that snaked around blocks and in some places in pouring rain. Voters who queued up Tuesday and the millions who balloted early propelled 2008 to what one expert said was the highest turnout in a century.

It looks like 136.6 million Americans will have voted for president this election, based on 88 percent of the country’s precincts tallied and projections for absentee ballots, said Michael McDonald of George Mason University. Using his methods, that would give 2008
a 64.1 percent turnout rate

“That would be the highest turnout rate that we’ve seen
since 1908
,” which was 65.7 percent, [/quote]

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_ … _turnout_4[/quote]

:roflmao:

It’s going to be interesting to see how Americans adjust to having a Negro for a president. Many clearly just aren’t going to cope. Some are even in complete denial:

[quote=“Free Republic”]Sadly, he is not even Black…

Posted on 2008年11月5日 下午 04:46:47 by Dem4Mac

Today history was made…or so many have been told to believe…and he isn’t even all black…I am not being racist, or if I am, I don’t care anymore. Nevertheless, it’s the truth. History will only be made when a REAL African American is elected to the WH and not one who is only half black (or some can argue, Arab)…[/quote]

Alas the comments show he isn’t alone:

[quote]To: Dem4Mac

True. He is from Kenya. He has no American slave roots.[/quote]

You are right, why don’t they say, “the first half white President elect” (Bubba??): good point really or even “the first president-elect with Arabic ancestry” which I believe is so as well.[/quote]

I’m white and I feel no racial affinity with mulattoes, I wonder why blacks do.[/quote]

These people are massively invading this world of the internet.[/quote]

I think it would have been much more honest to list him as the first racially diverse President. He is definitely not black. I’m not exactly sure he half black? I believe he is half white. Nothing we can do about it now. . .[/quote]

[quote]To: bushfamfan

That’s what they’ve wanted for many years…to take America down…[/quote]

[quote]To: Dem4Mac; All

Show me one country on this planet run by a black that is well-run…just one.[/quote]