Online Taiwan Maps

Found another online map. This one is a lot prettier and seems like it would be more useful (sometimes).

maporama.com

[quote=“miltownkid”]Found another online map. This one is a lot prettier and seems like it would be more useful (sometimes).

maporama.com[/quote]

ooooo yeah, that’s just what I have been looking for!!! cheers.

I see you spell Taipei as “Taibei”, what’s with that man?

There’s a thread about it, but I don’t feel like looking with things being so slow. Basically, I got here able to read pinyin. Told a co-teacher I wanted to go to Peitou (Pay Toe) to see the hot springs. She said “You mean BEI tou!” and laughed at me. Then I found out Taipei is really pronounced Taibei. Decided to protest the current spelling of Taibei since then :laughing:

[url=Taipei or Taibei? for it anyway (that old thread that got me started)[/url]

one of thse sites may have a trojan.

Are there any professional maps available with deg/min/sec as the navigation format?

1: 25000 or at least 1:50000 is what I am looking for. I don’t mind paying.

I love maps too. Give me an atlas and I’ll sprawl on the floor and go quiet for a couple of hours.

www.multimap.com can be good for maps.
My brother just moved, and I could type in the post code and nail down where his house is to the nearest hundred yard of road - next to a patch of daisies, between two cows.

For good maps of Taiwan - trying hanging around outside Taipower and making friends with a few engineers. They have access to the best maps of Taiwan available.

Ok, did a quick search for prior-art threads and I seemed to be turning up more politics and pizza than pay dirt, so here goes:

Anybody know of a good web site where I can get some maps of Taipei? You know, ones that are large enough to read? Google is laming out on me here. I’m going to be moving back to Taiwan in a couple months and am starting to plan out where to live, where to go to school, etc. and a map would be darn handy, but not one that I’ll have to get shipped to me, only to leave it behind when it doesn’t fit in my transpacific suitcase.

English-language or Chinese-language, either’s fine (I’ll look up anything that’s needful).

Thanks in advance!

try maporama.com

not sure if thats what you’re looking for

you can try it↓
map.com.tw/
trtc.com.tw/ →MRT
Ps. im a taiwaness :slight_smile:

map.com.tw/ →can change to english version

maporama for taichung is a hoot - on max zoom it has the word Taichung in the middle of a circle with three roads leading into it - and that’s it.

[quote=“moomoojuice”]maporama for taichung is a hoot - on max zoom it has the word Taichung in the middle of a circle with three roads leading into it - and that’s it.[/quote]That beats “Beyond here be monsters” :wink:

though not by much

[quote=“hsiadogah”]That beats “Beyond here be monsters” :wink:

though not by much
[/quote]

LMAO! :laughing:

Here’s one of Taipei (with apologies if it’s already been posted):

phys.ntu.edu.tw/new_english/ … peimap.jpg

Here’s one I used today to successfully find a road in Xizhi; you have to know Chinese characters, though:

http://gis.nat.gov.tw/village/search_road.jsp

Here’s another English-language one. It doesn’t look like it’s been posted but if it has, the mods can delete this (my last URL had already been posted by someone else):

vty.tbroc.gov.tw/2004vty/en/04_m … ei_map.jpg