Open Discussion on Tibetan Buddhism

https://www.amazon.com/Behind-Facade-Tibetan-Tantra-1/dp/1945892080/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?encoding=UTF8&keywords=behind%20the%20facade%20of%20tibetan%20tantra&qid=1513992793&ref=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1

Behind the Facade of Tibetan Tantra

"Behind the Façade of Tibetan Tantra, a series of four volumes, explores the doctrines of the Secret Mantra Vehicle, also known as Tibetan Buddhism. In reality, Tibetan Tantra is wholly unrelated to Buddhism, given that its cultivation of Highest Yoga is nothing but the lustful practice of sexual union. Such a faith based on copulation contradicts the Buddha’s discourses, violates morality and ethics, disturbs social order, and has wrecked the peace and harmony of countless families…

This in-depth exposé illustrates the authentic Buddha Dharma and reveals the fallacies concealed behind the Buddhist veneer of Tibetan Tantra, hoping to guide the public onto the correct path to Buddhahood."

Buddhist group admits sexual abuse by teachers
Shambhala International leaders promise to take action against ‘abhorrent sexual behaviour’
“The report aims to create a space for women to talk about abuse and collect stories. It also wants to promote a campaign so that Shambhala followers globally can ‘hear the truth’.”

The real truth is that the essence of Tibetan Tantra practice is SEX!
So how can the lamas avoid having sex with followers?
The tenets of Tibetan Tantra “Buddhism” require its disciples to have sexual intercourse with many female adherents to attain Buddhahood in a lifetime. Such statements are well documented in the doctrines of ancient Tibetan Tantra through generations over a millennium, and are still being propagated today.

The Dalai Lama states in his book Advice on Dying and Living a Better Life:
“Highly developed practitioners who have firm compassion and wisdom can make use sexual intercourse as a technique to strongly focus the mind and manifest the fundamental innate mind of clear light. With this innermost mind they realize the emptiness of inherent existence in a dramatically powerful way.”
(H.H. the Dalai Lama, Advice on Dying and Living a Better Life, 2004, p.234)

http://foundation.enlighten.org.tw/trueheart_en/41
The Essence of Couple-Practice Tantra of Tibetan Buddhism Is Sex

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_31971119/leader-boulder-born-shambhala-international-apologizes-past-relationships
POSTED: 06/26/2018 08:20:09 PM MDT

“I was sexually abused as a child by multiple perpetrators in our community,” Winn wrote in the original Project Sunshine report. “When I was a young adult, I spoke up about the community’s sexual abuse problem and was demonized by my local Shambhala center, ostracized and forced to leave. The shocking truth is that almost all of the young people in my age group were sexually harassed and/or sexually abused.”

July 11, 2018
“In Shambhala, bad behavior runs in the bloodline. The organization was founded by the Sakyong’s Tibet-born father, Chögyam Trungpa, a wildly charismatic man, brilliant teacher and embodiment of the concept known as “crazy wisdom” whose alcoholic exploits and womanizing were well known. He died in 1987. In between Chögyam Trungpa and the Sakyong, Shambhala was led by an American-born Buddhist who is mainly remembered for having sex with students even after he knew that he had AIDS.”

The latest scandal involving a TB lama is about Dagri Rinpoche, who works in the Dalai Lama’s office. A passenger on a plane in India filed a complaint with police, saying that Dagri Rinpoche, who was seated next to her on the plane, molested her during the flight. He was detained by police and jailed, but is now out on bail.

In support of the complaint, a nun Dagri Rinpoche had ordained posted a video statement on youtube, about her experience of sexual abuse by Dagri R. She had sent a letter to the DL, to notify him of Dagri Rinpoche’s sexual misconduct, and the DL arranged a meeting between the two, so Dagri Rinpoche would apologize. But although he apologized in front of the DL, his attitude was very different, outside of the meeting. Since then, he has told others, that the nun was lying.
https://www.tibetsun.com/news/2019/05/08/tibetan-lama-dagri-rinpoche-faces-me-too-allegations

The Parenti quote is out of date. The DL has renounced his position as political leader, so we can conclude, that he no longer aspires to “return to power”. He still wields plenty of influence as spiritual leader, though.

Many of the Tibetan people in Tibet have moved on. Many young people don’t even know who the DL is, when shown a video of him. The oldest generations still follow the religion, the middle generation does so more as a cultural marker, out of patriotism, than out of devotion or belief. The younger ones are trying to get jobs, get an education, or continue their traditional life of farming, herding, or whatever. The religion is becoming watered down. And the Chinese have infiltrated the monasteries, in part to ensure that no abusive rituals take place, which is a good thing, if you ask me.

Thank you LhasaLhamo, for sharing the link and your understanding of Lamaism.
As many have already known, it’s Tibetan Tantra’s tenet that causes all the problem.

It’s rather easy to distinguish Buddhism from non-Buddhist belief.
What the Buddha taught are “the Path to Liberation” and “the Path to Buddhahood.”

The meaning of liberation refers to sentient beings being freed from cyclic birth-and-death, meaning no more afflictions involvement within the three realms.

The fundamental cause of afflictions is not just our persistent pursuit of the five desires (wealth, sex, fame, food, and sleep), but our mistaken view that our physical body or the mental consciousness is a true and permanent self (self-view), and firm attachment to ourselves (self-attachment).

So, please judge by yourself, whether a belief propagating doing “the birds and the bees” has anything to do with Buddhist religion??

Well, the interesting thing in this case, is that Dagri Rinpoche is a Gelug lama, and the Gelug aren’t supposed to do consort-practice, karmamudra. They’re the one truly reformed sect, that only practices symbolically, through meditation. The problem is, he’s not able to keep his vows; he can’t handle the celibacy vows.

The latest news in this case, is that a Korean nun has also spoken out about Dagri Rinpoche, and a group of Western nuns has created a petition, to demand that the organization sponsoring Dagri arrange for a neutral party to conduct a thorough investigation of his conduct.

And by the way, what has come of the accusations made against the Karmapa, by someone who calls herself “Jane Huang”? What is your organization’s position toward her revelations, Buddhism1? Some say her story isn’t true, but in my opinion, it has the ring of truth, especially the part about Dzongsar Khyentse’s role in the matter.

I know of a monk who exposed himself (displayed his penis) to woman. What do you think of a monk like that?

Was said monk Tibetan?

No, Indian.

Sorry, not interested. :sunglasses:

But the Tibetans all want to follow his example, though.

Okay, it was Sakyamuni Buddha:

(see pp 13-14)

I take it you’re not impressed by the theory he was Nepalese, then.

Your link gives me a 404. :frowning:

There are multiple reasons why this could have happened, such as content renaming, takedowns or replacements for new content.

I should have said that, then people would think I was talking about some Tibeto-Himalayan Buddhist scandal.

The book is John Powers, A Bull of a Man.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dalai-lama-successor-sexist-comment-165529899.html?.tsrc=fauxdal
The Dalai Lama, the exiled spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism, and the 14th person to hold the title, made waves this week when he said his successor, if a woman, needs to be physically attractive.

My response is clear as always, Lamaism is not Buddhism.
Please see for yourself, their spiritual leader’s remarks is fully based on “sexual” and mundane issues. Throughout the whole piece of interview, no mention of how to attain the way of liberation, let alone of attaining Buddhahood.

What is the difference between this lama and any other non-Buddhist person?

Dear LhasaLhamo, my organization is mainly focused on Buddhist core tenets, not involving in private or personal matters. So no comment on this lady’s case. Please judge for yourself.
Thank you for your interests.

If I may speak my thought, it’s the mindset that matters, not their nationality.

Just for your info, nothing to do with politics; Trump actually brings out the realistic side of human nature without shame! All the Dalai Lamas try to cover it up under the guise of TB (Lamaism) for more than a thousand years; and the uninformed western worlds simply believe in it.
Same ingredients to the pot of muddied soup!