Otto Warmbier

Please name me one western city with better public transit than Taipei. Just one.

Thatā€™s a good question, but I think you missed his point:

I think people are just too used to their motorcycles. Thatā€™s what happens when you start building proper public transport extremely late.

1 Like

Beat me to it. Didnā€™t see anywhere in Gainā€™s post that he said public transit in Taipei was bad.

In terms of coverage there are plenty of cities in the West with better public transportation. Probably not in America or Canada as cars are more popular there.

1 Like

I was reminded of this today when I readā€¦

Chinese saluters in trouble

Berlin police say two Chinese tourists were detained on Saturday for performing banned Nazi salutes in front of the Reichstag. Officers saw the two men, aged 36 and 49, taking photographs of each other making the gesture. The men were questioned at a nearby precinct, but later released after leaving a security deposit of 500 euros each.

Please name me one western country in which it is politically possible to grab tax revenues from the entire country and use these revenues fund the capital city while letting the rest of the country fend for themselves.

Guy

Ireland.

1 Like

Amsterdam?

Hey! That was Monkey Yuanā€™s challenge, not mine!

Just saying.

Guy

I fixed it. I quoted his quote from within your post using a phone, and it did that, sorry

Thank you!

Guy