Outdoor swimming pool in TPE that open in October

Hello, as September approaches and by its end the outdoor pools close, is there any outdoor pool in Taipei or near by, that stays open at least in October?

Any information appreciated. Thank heaps.

It seems like all the pools at Dahu are open year round.

No infromation from the official website, but bloggers have said that the pools are heated, but it’s hella cold when you step out.

Why do you want outdoor? Do you want 50m and/or unheated? Songshan is perhaps your best bet if you want both or either of these.

I didn’t realize any outdoor pools closed during the winter. Maybe there’s one in Nangang now that I think of it. But the pools used for laps stay open, as far as I know. Dahu as mentioned by ranlee. I passed by that on the MRT as part of my commute years ago and it did seem to stay open all year. The only outdoor pool I swim at in Baifu (past Xizhi) stays open and is used by a group of older folks all winter that like that kind of thing.

Thanks “ranlee” - I’ll check that out!

“marasan”, outdoor because the weather in October (and parts of November) is still perfect for outdoor pool swimming. Much nicer to do laps outdoors than indoors. Heated or unheated doesn’t matter as doesn’t 50m or 25m. Both good.

Don’t they close down for You-Know-What Month??

:thinking:

Not that I am aware of it. So far they’re open as usual.

Another reason for swimming in an outdoor pool is so that you won’t breathe in as much chlorine. They put way too much chlorine in the pools here. You can smell it in the air as soon as you walk into the pool’s auditorium. An outdoor pool allows most of the chlorine to evaporate.

I can see how some would like outdoor better. I’m always so focused on things I’m trying to do with form or with my time that I don’t care whether its outdoors or not.