Overseas shipping sevices

http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?p=685540#685540

NAC International Group Ltd is a fully licenced freight forwarder based in Taipei, we can generally cover all needs required including if necessary delivery to a specific address (restrictions can apply)

Please see the thread giving all details linked below for more details, or visit our website as given in my signature.

Forumosa Thread

Ok I take that back, don’t use these guys!! Charged me 4CBM which I thought was high and cost me $28,000 NT, so I decided to leave some of my stuff in Taiwan as the cost outweighed the value or so I thought.

On the Canadian end I had to pay about $6,000 NT but they measured my stuff as 1.5 CBM and now of course this co. in Taiwan won’t get back to me…

Bottom line I should have paid about $10,000 NT to ship from Taiwan rather than $28,000 so hopefully I save someone from making the same mistake!!

Ok I take that back, don’t use these guys!! Charged me 4CBM which I thought was high and cost me $28,000 NT, so I decided to leave some of my stuff in Taiwan as the cost outweighed the value or so I thought.

On the Canadian end I had to pay about $6,000 NT but they measured my stuff as 1.5 CBM and now of course this co. in Taiwan won’t get back to me…

Bottom line I should have paid about $10,000 NT to ship from Taiwan rather than $28,000 so hopefully I save someone from making the same mistake!![/quote]

Oh and it is by CBM and they break it down here so they dont round it up so much…

Did you load the stuff or did they? Did you have to pick the stuff up at the yard or did you have someone deal with the Canadian end for you?

Rock!

[quote=“turkey_dinner”]Did you load the stuff or did they? Did you have to pick the stuff up at the yard or did you have someone deal with the Canadian end for you?

Rock![/quote]

Well they charged me per CBM (cubic metre) Taiwan charged 4 and Canada 1.5.

I packed and loaded on their truck in Taiwan, in Canada I picked it up at the warehouse in Vancouver…

You rock.

Can you tell me (and everyone else) exacly, step by step, how you did that?

First I called …
Had to fill out this form…
Customs was a bitch… or not.
They came… or I went.
Did or didn’t need insurance and how much
They called me…

You have the power Fudge Master.

Now I better go reread your post to make sure you didn’t tell me all this stuff already :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“turkey_dinner”]You rock.

First I called …
They came… or I went.
They called me…

You have the power Fudge Master.

Now I better go reread your post to make sure you didn’t tell me all this stuff already :p[/quote]

TD, sure but not sure what you want.

In Taiwan I called them to come over, stuff was packed and they took it away.

In Canada, it is easy. You have to goto Customs downtown Van and fill out a quick form and get it released (5 min) Then I paid a fee to the shipping company (you can wire it) - then you pick it up…

[quote=“turkey_dinner”]You rock.

First I called …
They came… or I went.
They called me…[/quote]
That will be a very tedious process and not many people will bother. I suggest you leave the paper work to the freight forwarder, even it costs a bit more it saves you lot’s of time and hassle, especially if something goes wrong.

Man… I’m posting on 3 threads about this at the same time :frowning:.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 885#788885

I’m trying to make sure someone doesn’t let me pack a container, and then find out that I screwed everything up and losing time, money, and end up looking like a dork.

Once I get my paperwork for my car sorted, can someone tell me who I take it to?

Does anyone know who and where they inspect the container before it’s shipped?
I think it goes through all that before it’s allowed into the yard?