PayPal no longer allows NTD wire transfers

WTF… I got my old bank account in red because Paypal changed my main card… so… I can not use my Taiwanese card anymore with PAyPal???

I must be slow. The “helpful” propaganda page that Paypal links to on E.Sun’s website says:

“2. Linking your PayPal account to your E.Sun bank account through the E.Sun online banking service only takes a minute!”

which is a total fucking lie because I’ve been sifting through their shitty site for ten minutes and can’t figure it out.

The best clue I’ve got is from clicking on 玉山全球通 PayPal 提領 in their left-hand menu, I get the message that this service is only available to ROC citizens or foreigners with greater than one year’s validity remaining on their ARCs.

Since I’m on an APRC (with no expiry date) I guess the problem is clear: without an expiration date I can’t use the service.

I’d also like to point out that not a single one of the advantages described below are any different to what I had when I withdrew funds to my old bank account.

So, I logged in to my E. Sun bank account today and linked Paypal to it. It asked “Will you allow preapproved payments or w/e to be linked to your Paypal”. And I said yes and clicked grant authorization.

Nothing on my Paypal has changed. So I had to add my E.Sun bank account number manually in the add/withdraw bank account section in order to withdraw funds.

Anyone else going through the same thing?

Hey guys, I’m looking at my dashboard and I DO have the Taiwanese card as the main card for my PayPal transactions (may be I set it last week and I already forgot!). My question is… if that’s the default/main card, are bills going to be charged against that card? Thanks!

[quote=“rinanae”]So, I logged in to my E. Sun bank account today and linked Paypal to it. It asked “Will you allow preapproved payments or w/e to be linked to your Paypal”. And I said yes and clicked grant authorization.

Nothing on my Paypal has changed. So I had to add my E.Sun bank account number manually in the add/withdraw bank account section in order to withdraw funds.

Anyone else going through the same thing?[/quote]

No, because Paypal won’t allow me to add a bank account.
“We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.”

[quote=“spaint”][quote=“rinanae”]So, I logged in to my E. Sun bank account today and linked Paypal to it. It asked “Will you allow preapproved payments or w/e to be linked to your Paypal”. And I said yes and clicked grant authorization.

No, because Paypal won’t allow me to add a bank account.
“We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.”[/quote]

I added my ESun account within Paypal this morning with no problem.

Haven’t done it through the ESun online banking yet though. Going to wait until my wife is home in case I need translation help.

Hello and sorry for my english :smiley:

Here my experience (my actual ARC is a Mariage ARC available 365 days expiring in ocotber 2014, I will ask a 3 years ARC next time)

I went 24th march to E.SUN bank in Banqiao to open an account in order to link it with my Paypal, everything was ok.

But 31st march I ll try to link it on my computer on the ebank service and then a message in chinese told me “your arc is available only for one year or less then you cannot access paypal service”

So today I went again to my bank and they told me first :

I MUST have foreign exchange account and not NTD account to use the paypal service

second :

My actual arc is not available more than 1 year (365 days or above) so I can 't access it I have to wait to renew it in october 2014 to use the service !!

If anyone has other experience please share it :smiley:

Renaud

Has anyone successfully withdrawn money from your Paypal account to E.Sun yet? Do you just add the E.Sun account to Paypal and then do the withdrawal from your Paypal site (like before)? Or do you have to initiate the withdrawal from E.Sun’s online banking site?

Thanks

[quote=“Adam_CLO”]Has anyone successfully withdrawn money from your Paypal account to E.Sun yet? Do you just add the E.Sun account to Paypal and then do the withdrawal from your Paypal site (like before)? Or do you have to initiate the withdrawal from E.Sun’s online banking site?

Thanks[/quote]

I withdrew a small amount like before and it cleared on Paypal yesterday. Now i’m just waiting to see whether it will take 3-5 days to appear on E.Sun like they say, or the usual 7-9 days…

[quote=“rinanae”]So, I logged in to my E. Sun bank account today and linked Paypal to it. It asked “Will you allow preapproved payments or w/e to be linked to your Paypal”. And I said yes and clicked grant authorization.

I would be, except that Paypal itself won’t let me add a new bank account.

After three days and four visits I’ve finally got the internet banking screen to allow me to add my Paypal account. This new system appears to add our E.Sun bank accounts as “preapproved payment” accounts within Paypal. However, I can’t seem to find any way of withdrawing money or checking my balance from within E.Sun. The “preapproved payment” sits in Paypal without actually being active and I can’t find a way of activating it.

The entire procedure makes me want to take the goon from Paypal who invented this and smash his head repeatedly with a car door.

Just a quick update: PayPal says you can not use a bank account from a country different from the country where the PayPal account was registered.

They’ve always had that regulation, haven’t they?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

[quote=“spaint”][quote=“rinanae”]So, I logged in to my E. Sun bank account today and linked Paypal to it. It asked “Will you allow preapproved payments or w/e to be linked to your Paypal”. And I said yes and clicked grant authorization.

I would be, except that Paypal itself won’t let me add a new bank account.

After three days and four visits I’ve finally got the internet banking screen to allow me to add my Paypal account. This new system appears to add our E.Sun bank accounts as “preapproved payment” accounts within Paypal. However, I can’t seem to find any way of withdrawing money or checking my balance from within E.Sun. The “preapproved payment” sits in Paypal without actually being active and I can’t find a way of activating it.

The entire procedure makes me want to take the goon from Paypal who invented this and smash his head repeatedly with a car door.[/quote]

spaint: That is exactly what I’m wondering as well. I see the preapproved payment in my Paypal money section, but then I can’t click on it or anything, it just says it’s ‘‘active’’. Argh, I do not understand this new set up at all!

They’ve always had that regulation, haven’t they?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk[/quote]
I don’t think so. I have been using my PayPal account, created in Spain long time ago, associated with my Taiwanese card, and working fine. Until now.

On my withdrawal screen i also see an option for withdrawal to a US Bank account – supposedly free of charges.

However when I enter bank details – i end up back on the withdrawal screen with an error message saying"We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date."

anyone else experience this? or better yet – success with this method?

I was so confused at first too, but I finally figured it out! You have to withdraw from E.Sun rather than Paypal :noway:

Use Internet Explorer to log into the E.Sun online system, click 玉山全球通 PayPal 提領 and link/authorize your Paypal account. The type of browser seems to be important because I used Firefox at first and after I clicked “authorize and close” E.Sun Bank was added as a “pre-approved payment plan” on Paypal but nothing appeared on the E.Sun side, however when I used Internet Explorer my Paypal account name appeared on the 玉山全球通 PayPal 提領 page. To withdraw money just click 玉山全球通 PayPal 提領 then next to your Paypal account name there will be 3 orange buttons, click the left one and fill in the withdrawal information.

It really sucks that the currency exchange rate given now is worse than what Paypal previously gave you… I compared the currency exchange rate from USD to TWD when I transferred 2 days ago and with the new method I was given 29.66 while the old method gives 29.6985 :fume:

bambo: what version of IE are you using? i tried chrome and IE and got confirmation emails but no actual linkage. i then called e-sun tech support and they said i had to use IE 10 or lower. i downgraded to IE 10 and now PayPal.com or the little login screen of 玉山全球通 PayPal 提領 won’t load at all.

this is frustrating and silly.

also, i didn’t know it was possible for any company to give a lower exchange rate than paypal -_-

[quote=“UhdL”]bambo: what version of IE are you using? i tried chrome and IE and got confirmation emails but no actual linkage. i then called e-sun tech support and they said I had to use IE 10 or lower. i downgraded to IE 10 and now PayPal.com or the little login screen of 玉山全球通 PayPal 提領 won’t load at all.

also, i didn’t know it was possible for any company to give a lower exchange rate than paypal -_-[/quote]

Yeah, whats the deal with that here?! I was trying to book a bus ticket the other night and they only supported IE 10 or lower, but my wife called and they told her to change an option in Chrome and the site started working,I can’t remember what it was and probably she neither but is pretty annoying.

[quote=“UhdL”]bambo: what version of IE are you using? i tried chrome and IE and got confirmation emails but no actual linkage. i then called e-sun tech support and they said I had to use IE 10 or lower. i downgraded to IE 10 and now PayPal.com or the little login screen of 玉山全球通 PayPal 提領 won’t load at all.

also, i didn’t know it was possible for any company to give a lower exchange rate than paypal -_-[/quote]
That’s odd because I’m using 11? :ponder: To be more specific I’m using IE 11 32-bit. My main bank is 合作金庫 and when I started using their online system I had to configure my IE from 64-bit to 32-bit for it to work, maybe this is the problem for you rather than having to use IE 10?

How to check if you have 32-bit or 64-bit IE:
tracker-software.com/knowled … sion-of-IE

How to convert from 64-bit to 32-bit IE in Win7:
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/f … 416d65f981