PayPal no longer allows NTD wire transfers

I tried last night using my old Windows 7 laptop with Internet Explorer 10. During the linking process, after I clicked ‘agree’ to the E-Sun Terms and Conditions, the Paypal login window opens but I get an error message saying ‘Paypal does not have permission to open on this server’ or something along those lines. It seems Paypal doesn’t want to work on an older version of IE? Any ideas?

Use Firefox USB Version

I tried again on another Windows computer, this time with Internet Explorer 8 and it opened Paypal fine this time, but the original problem still remains - E-Sun keeps showing the Terms & Conditions no matter how many times I successfully link the Paypal account.

I’ll give it ago with Firebox too.

I have noticed in Paypal E-Sun is listed in the Preapproved Payments section however under ‘Add or Edit Bank Accounts’ there are no bank accounts there (I removed Fubon which is what I used to use). When I try to add a new bank account it only gives me the option to add a USA bank. As the Paypal withdrawal is now done through the E-Sun account I am not sure whether this matters or not. Did anyone else add their E-Sun account to Paypal this way? Perhaps I should try creating a new Taiwanese Paypal account, although I never had trouble wit this current one before.

In the end I think you have to just keep trying different combinations of computers and browsers and different browser version. I finally managed to link our account using IE version 9.

Stupidly, there was a problem with one of my wife’s Chinese characters in her name. Paypal was fine, but the ESun computer system had some issue with it. The linking would not work. So we ended up changing both account names to the romanized version on her passport. It worked.

All the time we’ve spent with this crap. My god. And Paypal has repeatedly told us this new way of doing this is more CONVENIENT for us!? What a bunch of crap.

I’m looking into using Payoneer. Anyone have any experience with them?

Seems we can get a local transfer in 1-3 days and fees are marginal. Of course, not sure how many of our customers can/will pay that way. So far though, it’s looking nice.

One of the things about advertising slogans: It’s convenient (for them, but not for you!). They are often telling the truth, but not in the way you expect.

I opened up an E Sun account in Chiayi no problem but as im on my first ARC im not eligible to use their online banking and link up my paypal account so i will have to wait until december for my renewal or use my wifes paypal after shes opened up an E Sun account in the meantime. I dont know how both parties can say its faster and more convenient when because of some daft regulation alot of customers become ineligible.I hate paypal at the best of times all this nonsense just reinforces that fact

Gareth, someone else in the thread encountered the same problem and went in to talk to the bank about it. E-Sun can override that rule and should. Its nonsensical that people with less than a year remaining on their ARCs can’t withdraw money. Lots of ARCs will have less than a year on them at any one time.

I’m encountering the problem that E-Sun or Paypal think I have different names on each account, but I’m sitting here looking at them and they’re identical. Anyone else had this happen?

[quote=“Petrichor”]

I’m encountering the problem that E-Sun or Paypal think I have different names on each account, but I’m sitting here looking at them and they’re identical. Anyone else had this happen?[/quote]

Is your middle name on both?

[quote=“cfimages”][quote=“Petrichor”]

I’m encountering the problem that E-Sun or Paypal think I have different names on each account, but I’m sitting here looking at them and they’re identical. Anyone else had this happen?[/quote]

Is your middle name on both?[/quote]

Yup. Going to try to get to the bank today to ask them what’s going on. They have my English name in brackets after my Chinese name on my passbook, so maybe that’s the problem.

[quote=“Petrichor”][quote=“cfimages”][quote=“Petrichor”]

Yup. Going to try to get to the bank today to ask them what’s going on. They have my English name in brackets after my Chinese name on my passbook, so maybe that’s the problem.[/quote]

There should be no Chinese name on your passbook. Your account should be in your English name only.

Does anybody think there will be a difference between using a business or personal account in terms of tax filing?

[quote=“schwarzwald”][quote=“Petrichor”][quote=“cfimages”][quote=“Petrichor”]

Yup. Going to try to get to the bank today to ask them what’s going on. They have my English name in brackets after my Chinese name on my passbook, so maybe that’s the problem.[/quote]

There should be no Chinese name on your passbook. Your account should be in your English name only.[/quote]

I’m not sure why you say that. When I opened my Paypal account I opened it in Chinese because my Megabank account name was in Chinese. Or vice versa. Can’t remember.
Anyway, the reason for the problem was as I suspected - because E-Sun had added my English name after my Chinese name in brackets. The bank wanted me to change my Paypal name to match but as there was no immediately obvious way to do that (it isn’t an option in the account) I asked them if they could just remove my English name from my E-Sun account instead, which they did. I withdrew some money and everything seems to be working correctly now, but what a major PITA.

[quote=“Petrichor”][quote=“schwarzwald”][quote=“Petrichor”][quote=“cfimages”][quote=“Petrichor”]

There should be no Chinese name on your passbook. Your account should be in your English name only.[/quote]

I’m not sure why you say that. When I opened my Paypal account I opened it in Chinese because my Megabank account name was in Chinese. Or vice versa. Can’t remember.
Anyway, the reason for the problem was as I suspected - because E-Sun had added my English name after my Chinese name in brackets. The bank wanted me to change my Paypal name to match but as there was no immediately obvious way to do that (it isn’t an option in the account) I asked them if they could just remove my English name from my E-Sun account instead, which they did. I withdrew some money and everything seems to be working correctly now, but what a major PITA.[/quote]

Sorry, I didn’t know your Paypal was in your Chinese name, I assumed it was in your English name. Since Paypal was in your Chinese name, yes then your E-Sun account should have only have your Chinese name, that’s correct. Glad you got it sorted out.

Hey guys,

i’ve opened my account in E Sun bank and i am going through the verification process.

I’ve been charged the 70NTD by PayPal on my E Sun debit card linked to my bank account and i am supposed to find a the verification code on the transaction details, i’ve logged in E Sun Online banking but i don’t find any, i find the charge but in the message field there is just a 6 digits number and no paypal code whatsoever, does anybody knows something about it ?

[quote=“Petrichor”]Gareth, someone else in the thread encountered the same problem and went in to talk to the bank about it. E-Sun can override that rule and should. Its nonsensical that people with less than a year remaining on their ARCs can’t withdraw money. Lots of ARCs will have less than a year on them at any one time.

I didnt get any joy from the bank so in the end just opened up a new paypal account in my wifes name its all linked up and works fine, but now i cant verify the debit card with paypal like another poster on here because the verification code doesnt appear anywhere, so im waiting for the statement to come through and see if its on there. Paypal is just one huge ball ache after another.

Unless it’s changed, the verification code is actually the small amount that Paypal deposited in the account, IIRC.

apparently they charge the card 70nt and on your statement the transaction shows up with this code included, but like the above poster says it doesnt on the online statement or in the pass book so the monthly paper statement is my last hope to find it. The code is supposed to be unique according to paypal its also invisible.

apparently they charge the card 70nt and on your statement the transaction shows up with this code included, but like the above poster says it doesnt on the online statement or in the pass book so the monthly paper statement is my last hope to find it. The code is supposed to be unique according to paypal its also invisible.[/quote]

Have you tried contacting Paypal? They reply quite quickly to emails I found. You can’t be the only two people experiencing this problem.

apparently they charge the card 70nt and on your statement the transaction shows up with this code included, but like the above poster says it doesnt on the online statement or in the pass book so the monthly paper statement is my last hope to find it. The code is supposed to be unique according to paypal its also invisible.[/quote]

Have you tried contacting Paypal? They reply quite quickly to emails I found. You can’t be the only two people experiencing this problem.[/quote]

Not yet i did read somewhere that it only shows up on the paper statement so currently im waiting for that, if i still cant find it then i will contact them, what i dont get is the two accounts are already linked and ive made 3 withdrawls already, surely that would be enough to verify the bank account but paypal insist adding a debit card. I remember once i took a photo of my debit card and sent it to them for another account i had , it did the trick so i might try that again.

Just to update i finally found the verification code on the electronic statement E Sun sent me, they will send you an email with a zip file attached all i had to do was enter my wifes ID number the first letter being in uppercase to access the file and hey presto it was there. Of course you have to download winzip software and use the evaluation version.