Pension reform!

**[quote=“Mr.Lin, post:38, topic:157945, full:true”]
The government’s best solution to improve the national economy is to cut down pensions?
God damn, Taiwan is hopeless.
[/quote]

18% plus associated benefits are a burden that cannot be carried anymore.

Their pensions are not being cut. The cake is there, it is the overwhelmingly fattening glaze that they took away. Most severe cut is 20k. Which means at least they have 40k to live with after retirement. It si not that they are left homeless or anything. People with less than 30k as pension have no cuts.

Not sure if this is the right / latest thread… but any news on foreigners and pensions???

1 Like

I think this is the thread you’re looking for:

1 Like

The amendment also bans actions that “undermine national dignity,” including saluting the flag or symbols of the PRC, or singing the Chinese national anthem or songs representing the PRC.

If convicted, officials could be stripped of their pension and benefits, while those who chose a one-time pension payment upon retirement could be fined up to NT$10 million (US$318,847).

No Taiwanese generals attended the “13th Whampoa Forum” in China’s Jiangxi Province in June, the ministry added.

5 Likes

Lol…got those traitors by the balls now .

By the purse, which is more painful…and dangerous.

They like to complain and accuse the DPP of being corrupt and stealing money, while disregarding their traitorous actions as sell outs and paid advisors to the enemy.

Those same generals got big fat commissions/cuts from arms sales - Lafayette case, cough cough- got links with mafia selling contracts as Army suppliers to the highest bidder and getting special tv privileges in return among other perks. So pardon me if I do not regard this 18%ers with any pity of how will they manage to survive on a meager pension…as still hold houses in both China and Taiwan.

2 Likes

…and houses in US and Canada…I believe a lot of them moved overseas upon retirement.

Following their children. I do not trust people in charge of national security or matters of state whose children live abroad.

1 Like

Yeah their families have emigrated in advance in most cases.