Philataipei 2016

I am a lifelong collector of Republic of China (Taiwan) stamps (and a few dozen other countries) and I will be making my second trip to Taiwan in October and November to attend PHILATAIPEI. which runs from October 22-26. My Taiwan stamp collection is almost complete back to 1950 - it was great to see in person on my previous trip Yangmingshan, CKS Memorial, National Palace Museum, and many places I had only seen on stamps. If there are any stamp collectors on this list, I would be glad to meet you on my trip!

It is going to be really cool this year. I am also looking forward to it.

I look forward to meeting you

So, how did you like it?

I’ve been seeing more and more stuff over the months about all the things happening for it, it looked like it was shaping up to be pretty epic
Hope you had a great time, you were really looking forward to it.

You would imagine few people get excited about stamps anymore. Oh boy.

Si, but those who do are pretty focused.
Quality not quantity.

I spent a number of days at the TAIPEX 2016 stamp exhibition at the Taipei 101 building. I met collectors and stamp dealers from all over the world and a number of postal administrations of countries were selling stamps: UAE, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Faroe Islands, Aland (Finland), etc…I attended the monthly meeting of the Taipei Chapter of the China Stamp Society at the Postal Museum (attended by collectors from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao and PRC) and a dinner afterwards. I was given a number of Chinese postal history books as a gift

1 Like

Glad to hear you had such a productive and enjoyable experience. :grin:

1 Like

Do you have any of these stamps or come across them?

I like the idea of collecting stamps from my home country.

I have all these. I have collected RSA since I was a youngster, including the Homelands, SWA/Namibia, Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Lesotho, Botswana. Regarding RSA, I have everything except the withdrawn 1987 Bible value back to 1961, and a good selection between 1910 and 1961

1 Like

It was fabulous. They say the hobby is dying, but not in Eastern Asia!

1 Like