Poagao's Book

Just go to a comic book shop. Most places also rent out magazines. I think Poagao is in edition number 150.

Should have been clearer…I am not in Taiwan, so if anyone has a copy of the text let me know. Thanks.

Since four years have passed since the above post, I’m wondering whether the Chinese and English versions are still available locally. I’d like to read it.

There might still be some Chinese-language versions in bookstores; you might have to get them to order it.

Thanks! Did an English version ever get put out? I read a few pages of the thread but don’t want to search 20 more pages for an answer. :smiley:

No, just the Chinese version. I figure I’ll work on the English-language version after I’m finished with my current project and see what I can do with it.

Ok, cool – thanks! I’ll go ahead and get the Chinese one then, and it can be added to my tremendous stack of Chinese homework.

I hope you do. If so, I think it’ll need major edits/rewrites because your audience will be completely different and curious about different aspects of your experiences.

Good point, Prince Roy.

Oh, d’babe found it online for me here so I scored a copy:
books.com.tw/exep/prod/books … 0010219010

I’ll definitely be reading that soon. :slight_smile:

I was just recently alerted to this book by someone from Shida.

I read through the first 10 pages of this thread and then skipped to the last page. It has been over a year since the last post by the author. Is the English very out yet?!

This looks like the cover of the English book, or at least I hope it is:

Also, this site has the Intro available in English. romanization.com/books/poagao/

So is it out yet?!?!

No, not yet. I just made that cover from a picture of mine. I am working on it, though. I was busy with filmmaking for a while and have more time to do it now. Prince Roy is right; the English-language version needs to be very different from the Chinese.

You should add more sex.

Yeah, and did you change that one part like I said to you being chased by that albino monk?
Because that would be way more exciting.

Yeah, and did you change that one part like I said to you being chased by that albino monk?
Because that would be way more exciting.[/quote]

Yes, AND I had sex with him afterwards! Best seller list, baby.

Because that would be way more exciting.[/quote]

Yes, AND I had sex with him afterwards! Best seller list, baby.[/quote]

Hubba hubba.
You know, I’ve been walking around thinking I’ve read the book, but reading the excerpt at CL’s site seems to confirm that I haven’t.
And JEEZ I really want to, that chapter is fuckin riveting.
I’m being serious here, in case you couldn’t tell.
Fer fuck’s sakes, let us know when an edition is available.
Seriously.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]You should add more sex.[/quote]And car chases.

Car chases are more important for the screenplay.

Car chases are more important for the screenplay.[/quote]How about a gunfight then? It is an army story after all.

No real gunfights, but there is quite a bit of bayoneting.

That’s right. I’m surprised you haven’t rushed it out under the revised title - Swine wars I

HG