Pokemon Go Taiwan discussion

Lols compared to the US, accidently hitting or vehicular manslaughter isn’t that big of a deal…

Two pokemon related news today:

Pokemon players saves a drowning grandma

Player Chen Yicheng (陳易呈) went to a riverside park in Changhua county yesterday and witnessed a 90 year-old grandma falling into the river. Chen dove in to save her and managed to pull her to the shore, but was soon fatigued and risked drowning himself.

Other Pokemon players joined the rescue and eventually both were saved by firemen. Chen and the grandma are both hospitalized, the grandma’s Glasgow Coma Scale is moderate (9) at the time of reporting.

Grandpa’s the oldest Ash Ketchum

This is a story about the grand daughter surprised at her grandpa surpassing her in catching pokemons.

Only a matter of time before a life was saved. Way to go trainers!

I just got out of a bi-weekly team meeting and found out my boss (who’s around 60 years old) is the same level as me, at 21. Not sure if this is good or bad.

Odds are though the Grandma was playing herself and pursuing a snorlax or something when she fell in.

In my hood there is this couple in their 60s who own 8 dogs -4 Akitas, 3 mixed rescues and one rescue full size poodle. They are usually very busy with work and family, both human and furry.

The other evening I bump into them around our station (dogless, which is a miracle), and I struggle to make small talk to them as the woman is completely enthralled catching Pokemons. “She often just stands there, won’t listen to anything” complains the husband. :joy:

True story.

1 Like

A couple of days ago I was riding back home and had this car ahead, moving annoyingly slow and not really steady. Found out that both driver and passanger were playing that evil game. Well, I’m 95% sure.

It is not the first time that I find out that some asshole has his hands on a phone when, for example, taking a curve in the expressway (you know them because of the jerky movements of the steering). And somebody said before that if it’s not Pokemon, it would be another thing. Wrong. Pokemon is one MORE thing. You don’t need to check the phone every 5 minutes, but if some people suffer from that urge, then Pokemon Go is not going to help them at all…

Given the current circumstances and proven facts, I propose to take down servers, smash phones and probably cut hands too.

2 Likes

a little behind the times haha It’s been out for a while now

I was reading that the fever is fading away in the US as the Pokemons are harder to find, -less density, more walking I guess. Balls are used up, must buy more, etc.

A friend living in NY has caught all the available local Pokemon and is at level 30. He’s also one of those guys that have to be the best at everything he does though.

However, there’s reports from people data mining Niantic’s code and their seems to be some updates on the way.

30 isnt impressive. My friend just hit 30 today in taiwan and he started when it released in taiwan. Tell him if he needs to be the best hes far from it.

I wasn’t aware this conversation became some kind of, let’s compare who has the cooler friend, contest.

Meh, wasn’t trying to compare friends. Just wanted to state that 30 isn’t high in the least bit since you mentioned that he has to be the v ery best

But now it’s been made clear.

Meh. Most of my friends are over 30.

Used to be different, of course. Used to be I never had any friends.

Someone living in Beitou made public that he has been using GPS jammers on his own facebook account, and he’s looking at a 100K NTD fine.

That’s almost like walking into a police station and saying “hey, I’m illegally downloading the newest blockbuster release” circa 2001.

The crowds at hot spots are slowly dying down. However, you still occasionally see people at the side of the road swiping away at their phones.

The new update needs to come faster.

Link to article? In chinese or english is fine

Gracias