Pokemon Go Taiwan discussion

Something good related to this game: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36939145

Good news, Niantic are adding new gyms so hopefully people can find some lower level ones to battle.

I saw a new one literally pop into existence near me last night. I hurried over there to claim it. Somebody else beat me to it but had weak Pokémon so I became a gym owner for an hour or so before someone stronger removed me.

It’s a really fun game though, I don’t get how some people have like 2000cp Dragonites and such. How do they catch enough to raise their levels that high?

I caught a Magmar which apparently are pretty powerful. It’s CP200 and I’ve used all my Magmar candys to get it to that point. To get it to a decent level I’ve got to catch loads of Magmars and I haven’t seen another one since :frowning:

Apparently geo-spoofing is a thing!

Hows everyone doing. My girlfriend arrived back from Italy the day It launched so I had a bit of a late start spending the last 2 days with her. We went to Ximen to eat and hangout and I caught Pokemon there and she was a good sport about it while we were out. What are some good spots you guys have found?

Zombie hordes arrived in my neighborhood park yeasyerday evening.
Still not sure what to think of it, but at least it gets people out of their houses.

I’m near the Living Mall and there were 4 lures there and I saw a girl trying to catch a Scyther. No luck on the Scyther for me, but I leveled up 3 times while sitting there and catching common Pokemon.

Go to lure spots that’s where you’ll find more Pokemon pop up and more often!

No cheating!

On Saturday evening, police in Taichung caught two scooter riders who were playing the game, while New Taipei police reported the city’s first fine against a scooter rider for playing Pokemon Go while in traffic. These motorists each face a fine of NT$1,000.

As of 8 p.m., New Taipei police reported a total of 51 motorists illegally using mobile phone while driving in its latest campaign to tackle a possible rise of such violations because of the game.

Gf and I have an agreement that on the way to a destination, via scooter, she plays on her phone and on the way home, she uses my account. Luckily, she’s too busy playing, so she doesn’t know whether I take a more roundabout route home :grin: :grin:

now I just need to catch a snorlax

Rumors that Pikachu’s were running wild around SYS Memorial Hall the first night. No luck last night when I went.

lol the amount of people on the streets playing is nuts. I spent the afternoon walking around zhongxiao and everyone you pass by had it on their phone. I was surprised they weren’t blocking the streets more than i expected.

The local news yesterday thinks otherwise.

Saw a tea drink shop installing lure mods on near by pokestops, and players flocked to buy drinks as they pooled around the place to catch pokemons. That’s where I got my Pikachu.

1 Like

I’m curious as to see which kinds of businesses will see a change in the next week or so.

I went to the 7-11 across the street from SYS Memorial Hall, on Guang Fu, and the fridge was nearly out of sports drinks.

The buy 2 of any drink and raffle thing sure is a hit and came at the right time!

Oh, that so evil clever. :smiling_imp:

i Just can’t stand seeing those people over excited and playing it everywhere ( bus / mrt / scooter / cars etc…).
i refuse to play it. NEVER EVER

Just bumped into my first full sized adult males blocking the sidewalk playing PokemonGo. Please note they both were six foot far and full of muscle…as the song says. Still did not prevent one of them catching one of the critters.

I mean, they just stand there like in that Happening movie. What is one supposed to do?

Get two steps ahead of them in real life while they’re not looking! Win!

I know what I’d do…

BTW, the current nomenclature used to reference the zombie idiots is “Pokehole

There’s an option to actually turn off the AR (augmented reality) when catching them. Not only will you save some battery life and lag if your phone suffers from memory usage, but you actually do not need to stand in the spot to catch the Pokemon. Once you’re in the catching screen you either catch it, the Pokemon runs away, or you run away. You can walk 100m and still be able to catch it. pro-tip?

1 Like