Pokemon Go Taiwan discussion

never seen my gf play a video game before but she is playing this. i have offered her to play some real games on wii U like smash bros, mario 3D world but she couldn’t be less interested!

i’m not anti pokemon or pokemon go but the game looked kind of limited…

Our MRT station looks like a public library in test season: bunch of sitting on the floor, head down in cellphone zombies

Talking about parks, a couple of rare Pokemons showed up in a park in Beitou and this happened: http://www.ettoday.net/news/20160820/759602.htm?from=line_et_news

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pokemon Go Gameplay

It is fucking annoying. The first time I saw it I thought that there was a game in the stadium near home. Masses waiting in the park for something, and looking at the phone. Of course, it was the pokemon thing, and they were doing just nothing. Oh, yes, they were catching pokemons…

Same thing every day since that night. Yesterday after dinner we took a walk through the crowds, and yes, everybody had the same shit on their phones. My faith in humanity is really low now.

The last thing that a country like Taiwan needed is something that worsens the problem with crowds.

Now I’m thinking of one possible solution, Hamelin like…

good for her, but sounds like that took some of the joy away from capturing such a rare pokemon

Or maybe she’s really lucky. She also caught a Scyther at home.

sounds like you live above one of the hot spots.

We do. within range of 3 hotspots

Meanwhile, in that hot spot in Beitou, the cops are making a killing in tickets: over 400.

So the people renting spaces for parking: 600 ntd for a scooter, 900 ntd for a car a pop.

I’m happy to read that the cops are finally doing something useful.

1 Like

My kid did download this game but after few catch he doesn’t want to play this thing and he say it was boring, and went back to pc games intead.

I was there Saturday afternoon.

Gf and I scootered to Zhi Shan MRT station and took the MRT up. No way was I going to try to find a spot to park a scooter anywhere near the XinBeiTou MRT station.

I arrived and within 5 mins a Dragonite appeared. Gf’s turned out to be 1000CP+ and mine was a mere 27CP. I was ready to go home after that, but we made the trip, so we stayed a little longer.

Three convenient stores and none of the sports drinks were cold. NONE! It was like the apocalypse was going to happening. Beer wasn’t being touched though. If I didn’t have to scooter home, I would’ve been all over that.

I myself see the game as something great. Gf wants to come outside more, which I’m not really complaining about. She went from 0 active days through the week up to 3-4 active days. I have a step counter that I normally rack in 5-6k steps on a normal work day, but now I’m averaging 11k steps on a work day because I’m taking a longer route back to the office after lunch and going out at night to play.

You are quite courageous to get into that melee.

Have a look at today’s China Times. Cover picture looks more like New Year at Taipei 101 crowds.

Seems like intl news outlets always like to highlight Taiwan when it’s embarrassing.

Three stampedes happened while I was there on Saturday. One was real. The other two were “fake”. I’m almost glad I went when it was unbearably hot, I’m sure more people showed up when it got cooler later in the day.

That is the danger of unruly crowds. Not to mention distracted crowds.

Translation: I got 60 today
I got a 100

In a related topic, since we can’t beat them, can we join them? My pal’s restaurant is taking a hit these last weekends as it is located in a place that, though touristic, does not have many of these critters. Is there any way to “attract” the Poemons/get a stop assigned? Someone mentioned “planting a sakura”. Could that help?

How does that work?

Here you go @Icon

It’s not guaranteed they’ll add one, but worth a try. You can only imagine how flustered they are with e-mail requests.

@tempogain

Fake, as in, running to the ice cream truck that’s giving out free Haagen Dazs, only to find out that there is no ice cream truck and no free ice cream.

2 Likes

Muchas gracias.

There is nothing wrong with trying.

This Pokemon thing is getting out of hand.