Police certificate: necessary even if you haven't been out of the country less than 3 months?

Yes, I’m leaning towards this interpretation too…so that means single APRC holders must show the CCRD

For applicants who are married to ROC citizens, and have either obtained an APRC or whose ARCs are based on family (husband or wife), (the police report) is not required.

I read that and I think it is either you have an APRC or you have one though marriage meaning JFRV.

I think that’s too grammatical for Chinese. I think to clarify truly, one would have to get the word from the authorities. I still lean toward my interpretation, because it doesn’t make any sense to have a different rule for single vs married permanent residents.

I think @Dr_Milker is right. The document list required for non spouse doesn’t say APRC holders don’t need police certificate, though it says they don’t need finantial certificate.

Spouses have a different criteria to get APRCs. And, I think it is better JFRV is not used to reffer spousal ARC.

1 Like

Yes, but this applies to people married to ROC citizens. You could be married to an ROC citizen and not have an APRC or JFRV.

1 Like

Actually, it does, because for nationality married folk and single folk have different roads.

My pal ain’t happy. How come her ROC citizen kids are not more valid than the marriage?!

Spouses of taiwanese with work based ARC are not exempted.

Right.

They technically have different roads, but end up in the same spot. When I got married, I could have applied for APRC based on my number of years on work ARC. Years later, I could qualify based on number of years married or worked. In the end, it’s the same application for the same APRC.

Someone pointed out, though, that the quoted section is in reference to income certificates and not police ones.

The best way to get clarity on all of this would be to ask the relevant authorities.

Problem is relevant authorities ain’t that clear and depending on who you ask, you get different answers. :wall:

I bet if she has an APRC and is divorced, she is exempted.

Yes, she certainly will be exempted if she’s divorced and not left the country after the divorce.

Civil servants have been known to commit crimes against typography, but I think Milko is right.

Hi Everyone,

I am going to apply for citizenship soon based on 5 years of work. Obviously one of the toughest things (other than renunciation) is getting the police certificate from country of origin. It’s not impossible to get it but it’s a pain in the a$$. Getting Taiwanese police certificate is easy though, so that’s not a problem.

So, just wondering if I can be exempted from police certificate from country of origin since I haven’t really left Taiwan for more than a month in each year.

Can anyone help to confirm :

1. Is the exemption given based on :
  • Not being out of Taiwan for more than 3 months for the entire period of 5 years
  • Or, not being out of Taiwan for more than 3 months each year ?
  1. After reading everyone’s comments here, it seems that this exemption is only offered to foreigners who either had an APRC or were/are married to a Taiwanese citizen, is that right ?

Thanks

1. That would be logical and simple, hence, no.
  2. Yes.
1 Like