Political philosophy argument: On Burqa bans

No. I’m a liberal. I believe in freedom. For me and for others. That’s what it is to me.

It is somewhat shocking that you would suggest that you need to be a Muslim to defend the rights of Muslims.

Exactly the opposite. A liberal. Where there’s violence or oppression, fight it. Where there’s a piece of cloth, let it be. If the piece of cloth directly causes violence or oppression, of course, fight it.

You were looking for an argument? For what purpose? Were you seeking some kind of affirmation of your philosophical position? Indeed, you should have known better. Wouldn’t a better idea have been to post this on some Muslim forum or some form of French forum. Incidently you did succeed, you got an argument.[/quote]

An argument - “a reason or reasons why you support or oppose an idea or suggestion, or the process of explaining them”

Incidentally, Gman, I’m curious to know what country you’re from - to get a perspective on your views (all of our views are influenced in some ways by our background). I’m British.