[Poll] How Long Will DJ Trump Stay in Office?

Look at all the terrorist attacks in Germany and France. You think Merkel and Hollande are causing this somehow by a harsh or aggressive stance on terrorism? It’s opposite. They’re letting them in unwittingly, and terrorists do what they do, regardless if we show them good will or not.

They already think America is the Great Satan, we don’t wear habibs, we don’t follow sharia law, that is good enough reason for extremists to kill – that’s why we call them extremists. It isn’t because we hurt their sensitive feelings. :rolling_eyes:

We can either react to it or not. Obama didn’t, for fear of religious bias, making them hate us and recruiting – (same as Merkel and Hollande). Thus his inaction or indecision makes us unsafe.

1 Like

“Rationally based?”

Where is that legal principle found in the Constitution?

The executive and legislative branches might as well fold up their tents and go back to their day jobs if the politburocracy is going to hold them to that standard for the next four years.

ISIS rose under Obama’s watch. America became more of a Great Satan during the Obama years. At the end of Obama’s reign, many people refuse to vacation in Europe anymore despite sub-US$400 round trip fares from the US. Sure Trump can make the world even more unsafe. But there is no doubt Obama had a key role in making the world much more unsafe by making it possible for ISIS to become a financially viable caliphate and military force. The world was much safer on Jan 19, 2009 than Jan 19, 2017 even considering what Bush did after 9/11.

Oh now come on, we were in Afghanistan because the Taliban were obviously harboring terrorists that were responsible for 911. They didn’t find evidence for Iraq government, but Afghanistan government was right on. Afghanistan was on the way to finding Osama Bin Laden, which happened during Obama’s watch, and also other al-qaeda hideouts and high leaders, it’s all terrorists, not Muslims as you insinuate.

Everything kinda flagged under Obama, if you’re criticizing U.S. policy under Obama.

Someone please tell me this is a troll. “The game plan was to catch would-be terrorists off guard when they might be out of the country until a judge interfered”. That’s not interference. That’s the rule of law, that’s the system of checks and balances that ensures that even if a complete idiot is voted in as president there’s still a means to prevent him doing whatever the fuck he wants to.

And when Obama issued a 6 months ban to people from Iran it was perfectly fine according to the US constitution because…?

I’ll sum up the arguments of this thread.

‘Obama did it first. He ate a steak once so it justifies cutting down the Amazon rainforest for cattle farms now that Trump is in power’

Newsflash.
OBAMA AIN’T THE PRESIDENT ANYMORE SO BROKEN RECORD TIME NEEDS TO STOP.

You are stuck with just defending the orange man and his billionaire pals, I know it’s tough but take it like a good Russian,please. Own your man, have a good sip of vodka or alternatively jump in the nearest frozen lake.

The judge calls it here though…so fucking embarrassing to be Trumps lackey and have more than two brain cells. Humiliation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFFYz23HF0

1 Like

Brian, you are wonderfully disjointed when you’re this unhinged. It’s a wonder to behold.

He did not ban people from Iran.

While the flow of Iraqi refugees slowed significantly during the Obama administration’s review, refugees continued to be admitted to the United States during that time, and there was not a single month in which no Iraqis arrived here,” Finer wrote in Foreign Policy. “In other words, while there were delays in processing, there was no outright ban.” Another official backed up Finer’s account to the Post.

But keep spreading your fake news!

And when Obama issued a 6 months ban to people from Iran it was perfectly fine according to the US constitution because…he played by the rules.

It was allowed to stand by the Politburocracy because it was “rationally based”, the new legal standard executive and legislative branch decisions are now being held to.

A post was split to a new topic: from How long will DT stay in office

I didn’t hear any mention of due process in Brianjones triumphal video. It was whether the executive branch’s order was “rationally based” or not.

The difference between Obama’s “BAN” and Trump’s ban is that the Iranians still had the right to make their claims “due process”. Trump just outright banned everyone.
But I am not a legal expert and I will not be the next US president, so don’t worry.

You don’t have to be a legal expert to know that the Supreme Politburo hardly held Obama to the due process standard in his executive actions, just reasonably informed:

Yeah! More like the CIA said… we need to kill that guy blablabla and Obama signed.
Trump even doesn’t want to listen to these briefings, he’ll probably just sign or never sign. What do we know.
When he signed to go after Osama Bin Laden, he must have been more than happy that this was not a Pakistani Family weddings day.

It’s time that the US finds back to due process, but this will not happen under Trump.

Did the CIA also make the judge who ruled for Obama’s assassination order pretend that it was constitutional

Look! since the 9/11 attacks, the US has been on a killing spree, sometimes hundreds in a week. Don’t ask me which of those were justified under the American Constitution.
If you asked me, only enemies killed on your own territory are justified, everything else is a crime.
You might help other countries who are under attack but killing people anywhere in the world because they might harm you one day?

Good night!
I’ve got to work early.

Good night and good luck.

More from the 'well, Obama followed due process!" files:

[quote]Two weeks after the killing of Awlaki, a separate CIA drone strike in Yemen killed his 16-year-old American-born son, Abdulrahman, along with the boy’s 17-year-old cousin and several other innocent Yemenis. The U.S. eventually claimed that the boy was not their target but merely “collateral damage.” Abdulrahman’s grief-stricken grandfather, Nasser al-Awlaki, urged the Washington Post “to visit a Facebook memorial page for Abdulrahman,” which explained: “Look at his pictures, his friends, and his hobbies. His Facebook page shows a typical kid.”

Few events pulled the mask off Obama officials like this one. It highlighted how the Obama administration was ravaging Yemen, one of the world’s poorest countries: just weeks after he won the Nobel Prize, Obama used cluster bombs that killed 35 Yemeni women and children. Even Obama-supporting liberal comedians mocked the arguments of the Obama DOJ for why it had the right to execute Americans with no charges: “Due Process Just Means There’s A Process That You Do,” snarked Stephen Colbert. And a firestorm erupted when former Obama press secretary Robert Gibbs offered a sociopathic justification for killing the Colorado-born teenager, apparently blaming him for his own killing by saying he should have “had a more responsible father.”[/quote]

In war, there is no due process.