Pope Francis

Global warming is an atheist religion.[/quote]

I wish ignorence were a cult and ignorance had more spelling options.

Men and dinosaurs did NOT live peacefully together. It was a bloodbath. I think they made a movie about this.

[quote=“rowland”] First, we learn he’s been taking global warming doctrine from an atheist advisor.
[/quote]
Oh-oh. About 2,000 years ago, they started taking doctrine from some Jewish advisor, and look at all the trouble that started.

Actually, Catholicism has backed great scientists and scientific, medical discoveries

Gregor Mendel was an Augustinian brother. Copernicus was Catholic. Roger Bacon was a priest. many other great scientists and realist philosophers were Catholic: the two are not mutually exclusive. Catholicism has matured somewhat since the Middle Ages.

It’s the fundamentalists who don’t do science. Muslim, Christian, and Hindu alike.

More than the Pope’s stance on marriage or climate change, I would think his warning against taking Genesis “literally” is noteworthy. A Pope warning against a literal interpretation of the Bible has to be considered as progressive at a time fundamentalists wreak havoc.

This is pretty big:

People seem to like papa francisco. I believe the celibacy of priest can be changed by the pope as it’s more of a church regulation. And he is from south america so i’m sure he is aware of celibacy of priest is causing a shortage of priests. He’s actually made some interesting comments, some before he was pope that would certainly not be popular with some members of the church. Celibacy of priest is weird though, they just kinda decided in one of the early councils to decide church doctrine. Because some of the apostles were married and had kids. Peter, who Catholics considered the first pope was also married.

Some dissent in the Catholic Church ?

1 Like

No mention of Cardinal George Pell in that letter. Oh right, he’s in prison for “plain vanilla sexual penetration of a minor” (his lawyer’s words).

Who gives a fuck? The Church is a breeding ground for child rapists and should be closed down as such.

Time for some excommunications! I wonder if we could see a full blown schism :slight_smile:

They clarify that they are not claiming Pope Francis has “denied truths of the faith in pronouncements that satisfy the conditions for an infallible papal teaching.”
“We assert that this would be impossible, since it would be incompatible with the guidance given to the Church by the Holy Spirit,” they state.

Sure, that’s crystal clear :slight_smile:

7 heretical positions

I wonder what these are. Will try to figure it out after my walk

Whenever they make a statement it always reminds me of the 9 bladed sword.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xwKaXcTPKjE

2 Likes

They be calling his ass out, yo! They should settle this through a rap battle. In Latin, of course.

PS. He’s Pope Francis, not Francis I (at least not until there’s a Francis II).

1 Like

Translation:

he is looking into Church´s finances and finding them icky.

who is “he”?

The Pope.

so, because you think Pope Francis is looking into church finances that this letter came about to go against his action?

this is your thesis?

They would start to undermine his reputation as a way to counter his influence.

You did read the full letter?
He (the Pope) actually already has been losing his reputation inside the Church for the last few years.
His reputation outside the Church is irrelevant to what’s going on inside the Church.
Do you know who Bishop Athanasius Schneider is, or Cardinal Burke?

Anyway, the letter has zero to do with Vatican finances.

1 Like

They protect the pedophiles because they also hold their secrets to the financial “businesses”, or as we say in Spanish, one hand washes the other. Pediophile rings do bring a lot of revenue, and are protected by high level politicians who coincidentally have great relations with high CC members.

Atr leats in Latin America they have uncovered such scandals… money covers all. Drug money laundry, pediohile rings, etc. the CC is in deep.

1 Like