possibly wanted for drug charges in Taiwan

Asking for a friend who stayed in Taiwan for about a year a while back (2 years ago). While he was there he got connected with someone who was a pretty big dealer ( gang related ). For a period of a few months over the summer, he picked up from him semi regularly ( weed 10g at a time, and powdered e once). After a while he dissappeared and his calls went straight to voicemail. Fast forward a few months after he returned from Taiwan, he gets a call from his family members that he stayed with saying that the police were looking for him. Apparently they had tapped the dealers phone and had call logs with all the transaction details. It seemed like they were just trying to get him to testify against the main pusher. But do you think my friend could possibly be in trouble if he ever goes back to Taiwan?

Yes.

7 Likes

At the very least, he should be prepared for a sobering stay in a drug ā€œrehabilitationā€ center.

ā€œIt seemed like they were just trying to get him to testify against the main pusher.ā€ - I think I would take the word ā€˜justā€™ out of this sentence, sounds a bit dangerous to me. He could be caught between the boys in blue and the boys in black.

Yeah, it sounds like one of those ā€œheads I win, tails you loseā€ situations.

You mean, he could get either his head busted or his arse busted?

Heā€™d be interviewed but without strong evidence he wonā€™t be prosecuted. When someone is nabbed for drugs all the accused contacts are going to be interviewed. They cast a wide net. The game is to get you to roll on someone.