Power outlet for GPS on Scooter? SYM

Our family’s got a nice new SYM scooter. It’s real comfortable and great to do some rural exploring in. I’d like to use my GPS but it has terrible battery life. Is there a standard power plug hidden under my seat or somewhere?

What’s the voltage output? I’d need the power in the form of 12 volts dc to use my car adaptar or a USB output.
I can’t go into my rural motor cycle dealer to ask. They probably would not know or if they would…

They’d get Foreigner-itus and start helping me trying to do something when all I would want is just information. You’ve probably found that if you can’t speak Chinese well, there is no such thing as a conditional question.
What I’d need is a picture of the parts I’d need to buy and or thier Chinese names before I’d do that.

I’d like a simple set up/take down option.
What ever option I choose, I don’t want to break my warranty, or have any chances of damaging this scooter.

Scooters have 12v systems.
Go to an auto parts accessory store (or the car isle of any large supermarket or a Carrefour). In there, you will find a cigarette lighter socket. Buy one that is suitable, then take it to any mechanic. Tell him where you want it and he’ll do the rest.
I had this done recently to my scooter. I found the type of socket I wanted and brought it to a mechanic. Showed him where I wanted it put and he did the rest. Took him about 5 minutes. Only charged me $50nt.
It works really well. I also have a cig socket to USB plug which I got at Carrefour. If you’re wanting one of these, make sure it has enough power output to be able to run and charge your gadget at the same time. Check the mAh on your gadget’s charger, then find a USB socket converter to match. The closer to the mAh the better, but don’t go over.

This is an install I did on my car, but it will work on your bike too.

You will want to find a rubber cap for the USB socket for when it’s raining, so water doesn’t get in. Fuse the supply near the battery.

99% of the USB lighter adapters (including the one in redwagon’s pic) use a surface mount LM2575 regulator which takes anything from 7-35V and converts to 5V. You don’t have to worry about the exact voltage of your electrical system because those regulators will take anything you throw at them up to 35V and do a pretty good job of stabilising the output around 5V.

I would go marine since this is a scooter that might need to be in the rain parked or while riden.
amazon.com/Marine-Grade-Ciga … B0002KRC5Y

Nice mod, rw.

Stian, the more expensive way would be to get a 300cc scooter, most of which have a CLA standard. :slight_smile: