Progressives shut down burrito shop because owners aren't Mexican

Progressives/SJWs in Portland Oregon shut down a burrito shop because the owners “culturally appropriated” burritos and were not Mexican.

And then the progressives/ SJWs organized a boycott of all businesses with white owners who served ethnic food.

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/05/sjws-portland-restaurant-list/

The fact one of their online tormentors has the name “Dique” pretty much tells you all you need to know. Yeah, SJWs are awful and unhappy malcontents who try to make everyone else as miserable as they are. Anyone remember Suey Park and her #cancelcolbert campaign?

2 Likes

Sounds like free publicity to me. I wonder if the women may have bought into the rationale?

Here’s a radical idea for the radicals: maybe the non-white people could, like, start their own businesses? They could perhaps start by picking the brains of white people to learn how to make “white food”.

That’s the sort of publicity most people can do without, I would have thought, unless they intend to re-open elsewhere.

1 Like

Even though the link above is from a Greek pedophile, it deserves a closer look.

I saw this flare up on my FB wall. That “cultural appropriation” nonsense again.

Apparently they “stole” a family recipe (“stole” or “forced the person to show them”, depending on source) and took it back with them. Its a dick move, yeah, but no appropriation, if that is a bad thing.

In the article I read, they labeled them “liberals”, but the “SJW” tag stuck. Surprised to see the term “progressives” added to this. I do not think SJW is a bad tag to have, necessarily. I mean, in his day John Brown would have been labeled an SJW. As would have MLK and Malcolm X. Hell, Johnson would have gotten the nod, as well!

Cultural Appropriation, is it bad? Hell no. Our whole world exists as a result. Besides, how far back to we want to take this “culture” thing? Should Italians be blamed for appropriating Chinese culture over noodles? (OK, there is debate about the origin of noodles.) What about tortillas? Did flat bread magically pop up in central America? Bread was being made before people crossed the Bering sea into N/SA.

Some people just need reasons to complain.

wow, things are getting out of hand now. food is food. should we boycott taiwanese who are selling pasta, or donuts on the street?

as for what they were selling it looked pretty good. so the jist is they are selling something authentic and getting accused of stealing? because they watched them making it? apply that logic to taiwan again and we would need to shut down a lot of places.

why did the girls close though? business was good it said so why would they need to close.

and another thing, don’t these SJWs have jobs, hobbys? how do they have all this time to go on these bizarre crusades for stuff that doesn’t even matter?

Being outraged and fighthing the cis-normative oppressive white patriarchy is their hobby.

Bunch of losers. I hope they get nowhere in life.

Don’t worry about that.

It’s because they do, that they behave like that.

3 Likes

I want to culturally appropriate the concept of “social justice” back from self-righteous, attention-starved SJWs who think they’re helping the world be a better place by hounding comedians off Twitter, cyber-bullying people to suicide, and posting cat pictures on Tumblr.

2 Likes

Just because you are Mexican doesn’t mean you know how to prepare and serve Mexican food , especially in a food service enviroment. With the same logic , non Whites should not use anti-biotics or smart phones to name a few.

1 Like

Wait until go after fusion restaurants lol.

1 Like

bubble tea shops not owned by Taiwanese.
close them ALL down. they’re sprouting up like weeds in the US and europe

3 Likes

That one is a bit annoying lol. It’s like for hipsters now.

1 Like

I only have a problem with that because their bubble tea is usually crap. I’ve never had a good bubble tea outside of Taiwan.

2 Likes

I was once asked many years ago by a Taiwanese if Bubble Tea would sell well in London, I said nah too many calories. I bet he hates me now lol. :rofl:

Only mixed race people can do Fusion :bomb:
(I’m kidding if anyone takes that seriously)

2 Likes

Or a mixed couple but only one half of the food each :grinning:

1 Like

The joke is they each cook the other one’s cuisine.

1 Like

Then they can call each other out for cultural appropriation

3 Likes

So you think saying you’re ‘kidding’ can erase the fact that you just turned a blind eye to literally violence being done to a pair of ethnic groups?

I can’t even even.

2 Likes