Proposals for Taiwanese flag

Differences between:
Conservatism and Liberalism
Land-oriented thinking and Ocean-oriented thinking
Expansionism and Sustainability

There are so many more real differences Taiwanese people have to deal with that’s over shadowed by the national identity issue.

Hansioux:

Whitney Smith’s “Golden Arrowhead”:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Guyana

And several proposed Australian flags incorporate a boomerang shape:

flagsaustralia.com.au/newflag.html

(See especially the Ralph Kelly 2012 and Brandon Jones 1995 designs.)

yeah, still not close enough to be confusing.

Definitely not flags Romania and Chad confusing.

I’m actually so unimpressed with all of the new designs I’ve seen on the internet that I feel like sticking to the ROC flag now tbqh. :frowning:
That being said, KMT emblem MUST be removed.

^Isn’t this cute?

And before you go on about how a heart should never appear on a national flag…

flagge-friesland-fryslan

Flag of Friesland, the Netherlands, has 7 hearts on it. :bow:

I like the Friesland flag, almost looks like pacman. The blue rectangle on red field flag, not so much. The heart is a improvement though.

The White Sun on the Republic of China flag is meant to represent democracy and equality.

tumblr_inline_n2tubs3oIm1s9979a540

I know I shouldn’t be responding with gifs but it just seems impossible to reason with you. Sorry.

Can’t see the gif.

And I don’t know what you mean by reason. You’re the one that wants to overthrow a bright and vibrant democracy. Not sure what part of the world you’re originally from, but, there isn’t a democracy in the world that didn’t commit some kind atrocity on their own population. So, what, should we overthrow every democracy on earth?

You want to overthrow the ROC and establish another democracy where no KMT member is allowed to run for office. Correct me if I got your beliefs wrong. I want to ask: how is that democracy? How is that reasonable?

That’s a shame. No fun. :aiyo:

It says “You must overcome these delusions that are really disguising your reality.” In case you’re curious.

I don’t know how can you describe ROC as a ‘bright and vibrant democracy’. Prior to the 1990’s, it was just as bad as Franco’s Spain or Ceausescu’s Romania, which means the whole ‘the white sun on ROC flag is meant to represent equality and democracy’ argument is completely invalid because KMT had never intended to introduce such things to China or Taiwan since the establishment of the stupid party. SYS was a complete flop, he had all the passion in the world but he was as incompetent as incompetent could get while CKS and his son were basically power-hungry mass murderers who only cared about themselves and remained butthurt over losing China and died of their own failures(mostly CKS, but his son wasn’t that much better as far as terminating oppositions goes either).

ROC was all about corruption, autocracy, and desperate hunger of power of a few men. Luckily things have changed in Taiwan and it has more or less successfully transformed itself into a passable democracy in Asia under the efforts of countless noble and selfless Taiwanese souls and the help from the States, but it’s still a deeply flawed democracy today due to the legacy of that old, corrupt, and autocratic ROC regime. The haunting nature of such atrocity is what people are trying to ‘overthrow’, not ROC itself.

Btw I’m from this part of the world.

where’s the recommend button when I need it…

Gain, that’s beautiful. (The “white heart blue sky” flag) But I think a Hello Kitty would be more appropriate.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I’m going to enjoy keeping up with the 2016 Republic of China democratic elections. If the KMT is still as corrupt as you all say they are, the voters will be able to vote them out of office. That’s reality. And, even if Tsai wins, she has said the Republic of China is already independent. So, good luck with your fantasy of FREEDOM!!!

I thought freedom is an unalienable right? i guess you are against that concept :unamused:

by the way, I don’t have an issue with statements such as Taiwan is already an independent state with ROC as it’s current name. China is the one that has an issue with that statement.

New Zealand government’s official proposal a new flag design website:
govt.nz/browse/engaging-wit … to-decide/

Gallery of proposals:
govt.nz/browse/engaging-wit … e/gallery/

the fish and chips

New Zealand inception

Sheep and Hokey Pokey

Space Invaders of Australia

Joke flags aside, these are my favorite

Hansioux, I watched this video and thought you would find it interesting. It’s a TED talk about flag design. Very well done.

thanks, watching it tonight.

I also found something rather interesting awhile ago. There is a vexillology site that rated all national flags of the world. I think it’s fomr a couple years ago, so some of the flags are not in current use, but the way it rated and commented on the flags are pretty hilarious.

otago.ac.nz/philosophy/Staff … intro.html

Flag designs that got an A:
otago.ac.nz/philosophy/Staff … ngs-a.html

Flags designs that failed:
otago.ac.nz/philosophy/Staff … ngs-d.html

1 Like

The TED talk was great. Pretty standard stuff, vexillology-wise, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t bother to learn this before trying their hand at flag design.

As for that New Zealand website grading the flags of the world, I appreciate many of Prof. Parson’s comments, but found myself profoundly disagreeing with his judgement in numerous cases. For example, he failed the flags of Portugal, Brazil and Sri Lanka, which I would assign high grades. (I also like Greenland, Slovakia, Mongolia, PNG, and Kenya, which he found mediocre.) Flags with yellow and/or green tended to get points deducted for poor color choice, while Syria’s red / white / black tricolor (from the old United Arab Republic–Egypt’s is related, as is Iraq’s even though it wasn’t in the UAR) was praised for its rather drab colors. (However, I should probably mention that I am partly color-blind.) I do see the point of “too many stars,” but the US flag works. He complains that the moon-and-star symbol on several flags is astronomically impossible, which it is, but the image is based on a hadith of Muhammad. The “eagle on a toilet” is actually an artifact from Great Zimbabwe–if anything, they should stop superimposing it on a red star. Nepal was criticized for its poor shape, but Nepalis mostly love this unique and traditional design. (The Maoists tried to make it rectangular, and remove the royal symbols of sun and moon, but got nowhere.)

Are you convinced now?

convinced by what?