Proposals for Taiwanese flag

Q’pla! Heghlu’DI’ mobbe’lu’chugh QaQpu’ Hegh wanI’

Very Hitlerian! And…is that a new romanization system?

(Go ahead, say something about my mother having a smooth forehead!)

It’s 2015. Nothing wrong with a handsome Klingon woman with a smooth forehead.

Don’t forget that were were all descendants of the same genetic codes that were scattered across the galaxies on purpose.

what if Picard is just a Klingon with a smooth forehead…

(guess this is getting way off topic).

which thread on Forumosa doesn’t end up being off-topic? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

He was a former Borg. :slight_smile: He may not be a Klingon, but some Klingon females do find him attractive. (the Duras sisters, to name a couple)

To bring it back on topic, why does Taiwan need its own flag? Just join UFP and use its flag.

That would make Taiwan a de jure planet but not a de facto one. The opposite of Pluto!

the UFP flag is an atrocity itself.

What’s the significance of the triangles?

It is the ideogram of Taiwan based on the Kanji “台” itself, adopted c.1899 to represent Taiwan.

According to research, the arrows also mean two forces. One represents the force given from past heritage, the other represents the current force driving the future.

It means the island could go either way!

I think he wants to suggest the character tai from Taiwan. But then the bottom half should be a square.

But why orange? Is Hinduism going to be the state religion?

Either way along the North-South axis is where Taiwan’s livelihood lies historically.

Why did you assume this Taiwanese flag design was related to India? The flag of Ireland is also of this color combination. As a matter of fact, it was Ireland’s independence movement that inspired the first wave of Taiwanese political right activism in the 1920s. The movement eventually succeeded, culminating on April 1, 1945, where Taiwan gained seats in both houses of Japanese Diet (Parliament.) From that moment on, Taiwan was unequivocally not a colony even in the legal sense. That was a historical moment for Taiwan, because for the first time in Taiwan’s history, Taiwanese was equal to anybody of a modern state. The same political right and status as a a citizen of a modern, sovereign state.

orange is also the color of its first colonizer.

Also known as “de eerste vaderland” :laughing:

1 Like

Speaking of which, remember the old VOC flag? I think the Taiwanese flag should be like that, but with “LV”!

I immediately thought of this LV flag. :roflmao:

Unless you meant the actual LV flag. (LV = Latvia)

how is that different from the Austrian flag? A narrower white band?

not again… :frowning: :roflmao:

sizzleanddrizzle.com/2013/11/22/1/
“They have very similar flags, just the Latvian flag color is a deep maroon and Austrian is bright red.”

might as well throw this one in:

or this. (someone had clearly given this some thought)

national flags that look like each other:

1 Like

Chad and Romania’s flags, as depicted in group 9 and Poland and Indonesia flags as depicted in group 8 are the only ones that are really really confusing, and to a lesser degree Dutch and Luxembourg from group 25.

Again, there’s a fun flags game app:
play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ionalflags

go to the difficult section and prepare to feel the shame of the inability to tell flags apart…

I meant Louis Vuitton. Latvia has unfortunate political associations, what with being ruled by Dr. Doom and all.