Q: How to send an SMS mail from a PC to a cellphone?

How to send an SMS mail from a PC to a cellphone? That’s the question…
There are times when i’d like to send some information to my cellphone, such as an address and directions for a place i have never been to.
Is there a way that you know of? I use the Taiwan DaGeDa (Taiwan Mobile) cellphone services, by the way.
:thanks:

Skype allows you to do that.

Skype? In Taiwan to Taiwan number and for free? How about from Taiwan to another country number?

[quote=“tango42”]Skype?[/quote]Yes. Skype Out, to be precise.

[quote=“tango42”]In Taiwan to Taiwan number[/quote]Yes.[quote=“tango42”]and for free?[/quote]No.[quote=“tango42”]How about from Taiwan to another country number?[/quote]Yes, but also not free.

Yuli, a couple of other options:
[ol][li]I’ve been told that you can send text messages via your Taiwan Mobile account from the Taiwan Mobile website somewhere.[/li][li]If it’s mostly address data, can’t you put it in a more semantic format and sync it with your phone’s contacts list, or via Google Maps if your phone has a usable browser?[/li][/ol]

Big fat :doh: !

So, there are people pay me to do research on the web for them, and i am at home on the web like a fish in water - but it didn’t even occur to me to assume that the company i contracted with for phone and internet service might have a website. :unamused:

Thanks for the hint, man :bow: … and now off to check their website for the goodies (will be back with the results)

Looks like this is the tool: messaging.catch.net.tw/composer.do
Will have to go to the phone shop to get a user ID…

If you have a HiNet (Chunghwa Telecom) account you can send text messages to one or more mobile phones from this page:

English version: hiair.hinet.net
Chinese version: web2air.hinet.net/Index_c.asp

Looked again on that page before deciding to go and see the staff at the phone shop and found a link for user registration.
Tried twice (with different browsers) to register but got stuck on the very last (confirmation) page in both cases (meaning, the only response to clicking the submit button the first time was that a message to the effect of “you need to fill in the required data” showed up above the already filled in form, and clicking the button again produced no results).

So i’ll have to go to the phone shop after all…

If you have an Android running Froyo (2.2) or above, you can use an app called “Chrome to Phone” to achieve what you want.

[quote=“Juba”]If you have a HiNet (Zhonghua Telecom) account you can send text messages to one or more mobile phones from this page:

English version: web2air.hinet.net/Index_e.asp
Chinese version: web2air.hinet.net/Index_c.asp[/quote]
cost?

[quote=“Taiwan_Student”][quote=“Juba”]If you have a HiNet (Zhonghua Telecom) account you can send text messages to one or more mobile phones from this page:

English version: hiair.hinet.net
Chinese version: web2air.hinet.net/Index_c.asp[/quote]
cost?[/quote]
At present you can only use this SMS service if your Internet access is through HiNet (or if you know someone else’s HiNet ID and password,) but it looks as though they are going to make it payable through your Chunghwa Telecom landline bill or by credit card. Those options are greyed out at the moment.

Charges:
國內行動電話 : 每通1.5元 : NT$1.5 per message to a mobile phone in Taiwan
國外行動電話 : 每通5.0元 : NT$5.0 per message to a mobile phone abroad
中華電信呼叫器 : 每通1元 : NT$1.0 per message to a Chunghwa Telecom pager

Looked again on that page before deciding to go and see the staff at the phone shop and found a link for user registration.
Tried twice (with different browsers) to register but got stuck on the very last (confirmation) page in both cases (meaning, the only response to clicking the submit button the first time was that a message to the effect of “you need to fill in the required data” showed up above the already filled in form, and clicking the button again produced no results).[/quote]
Well, it turns out that the system will not accept any passwords containing hyphens, periods, and such: once i chose a purely alphanumeric password, i got in.
It’s working as it should, and the SMS fee is NT$2.3 per message (to a recipient in Taiwan)