Rapha Clubhouse (Taipei)

I visited the Rapha NYC Clubhouse and it sure was different in atmosphere compared to Taipei clubhouse.

The place was probably the size of Rapha Taipei if the Taipei clubhouse was not split into two levels. I went in just wanting to see the store was like and grab a coffee…I left with a 3 NY clubhouse exclusives with a t-shirt, essentials case and a water bottle/bidon.

Despite the Yelp and Google reviews, the employees in the store were very helpful and coffee wasn’t as bad as many said it was. This is where getting RCC membership is worth it because a latte was 5 bucks whereas in Taipei, (I think) it’s no more than 100NT.

I ended up going two days in a row and was helped by the same employee. After I spent money that I shouldn’t have, we chatted about cycling for a good 10-15 minutes. I tried to sell Taiwan to him and he was biting. I recall him saying he wanted to do an Asia cycling adventure, Taipei was floating around in his ideas of destinations, but probably not for another year or so.

Aside from the tourists coming in to check out the exclusive NYC clubhouse gear, a fair amount of people coming in to do work and have coffee!

IMAG0098

IMAG0109

IMAG0105

IMAG0104

1 Like

A side note, Taipei RCC doesn’t give out ‘free’ coffees with milk - only black coffee. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If you’re RCC (and not in Taipei) do you have the lot to choose from? Or do they limit it to the basics?

Any type of free coffee with RCC membership is strictly black only - I guess Walmart doesn’t wanna pay Taiwan milk prices.

Man…I was under the impression it was all coffee.

Oops. This is what happens when you’re not part of RCC and writing stuff about RCC…

…it could be a sign.

I completely misread your sentence, yes its Taipei RCC only. All other clubhouses have all coffees for ‘free’.

My bad.

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bicycle Shops in Taipei

I splurged…again

RRRRR

Having a Rapha Clubhouse 10 mins from home is quite a hazard.

The backpack?

Yeah, I got lucky and someone took my evoc backpack within half an hour of posting it and asked if it could be sent before midnight.

Which left me…without a back pack for work the next day.

Day 2 of usage and I like it. A bit more room than the evoc, but lack of water bottle compartments is less convenient since I usually use those for keys and security card for the office.

I did do a unboxing video, but not enough lighting to show inside of bag. Need to make some ghetto lighting fixtures and re-film.

Show me at beers!

The Taipei Clubhouse has started a program to promote cycling in general. Pop in before/during/after your ride with your GPS (no minimum mileage requirement) and helmet, you can redeem a drink (not sure what drink). Don’t know when this campaign will finish, may have misunderstood :confused:.

我們相信騎車能夠帶來正向改變,希望能夠讓更多朋友一同感受騎乘樂趣。為鼓勵您參與自行車運動,我們將在Clubhouse Taipei 為您準備騎乘獎勵。

即日起來店出示當天騎乘碼錶紀錄,不限里程,待店內人員確認後即可免費兌換特調飲品,每日限兌換乙杯,為自己的努力騎乘喝采!提醒您,騎車請務必攜帶安全帽。

Is this just today?

每日限兌換乙杯 Only one cup per day is allowed

Not sure, didn’t specify dates on the FB post and Line ad.

Oh yeah missed that!

One cup! in a club? How many girls??

Two, just two.

Sounds like the perfect title for some comedy or funny short movie. Maybe I should drop by there!