Real Chinese food

Traditional Chinese Fried Noodles you’d find as appetizers in NY Chinese Restaurants, duck sauce ( i remember it being different than sweet and sour sauce), Chinese hot mustard and some watery NY egg drop soup.

Feel the need for some REAL Chinese food. Tired of this authentic stuff for a while :slight_smile

1 Like

I’m always craving that sweet and sour pork and real Australian Chinese fried rice.

What have Taiwanese got against peas, for f’s sake? And where’s the genuine Chinese sweet and sour sauce outside of the little pack you get with yer nuggets at KFC, Mac Donald’s, and MOS?

2 Likes

I really miss American Chinese egg rolls. And General Tso’s Chicken (well, tofu for me). Seriously. The TW’ese invented that dish and I cannot find it anywhere on this island.

The Kung Pao Tofu from the Tainan Turkey Rice place isn’t bad, though.

???

Dude, get thee to Chaiyi! :slight_smile:

Guy

I miss crab rangoons, mooshu (mushu?) pancakes, egg rolls, and yeah, fortune cookies.

At least fried dumplings, sesame noodles, hot and sour soup, and boneless BBQ pork ribs are authentic enough to be served here. And they’re better than back home too. Fair trade then. :smirk:

It’s called “左宗堂雞” zuozongtangji here and you can find it in Hunan restaurants. It can be really good but not really the same of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really miss those crappy udons they sell at the university food court…

1 Like

I forgot to add…“the Tainan Turkey Rice place up the street from me.”

Thanks!!

1 Like