Reasons why China sucks

I hope this will not be put in the Flame forum, but hey, even the “American foreign policy sucks” thread was left in the civilized corner of this board.

Alright, here we go:

1. China is a Communist country, yet has the worst working conditions in the world. Go figure.

2. No friggin rule of law whatsoever. You cross the path of a party boss, you are screwed, simple as that.

3. A cesspit of corruption. You want to do business there? Better bring a “warchest” for hongbaos.

4. The damn arrogance and nationalism. Yeah, right, they are proud of China, yet 70% want to go to the US or Europe - simply get out of that dump. What a wonderful place, aight?

5. The damn China bubble. I mean, come on, they have been cooking their books for years and still are being hyped as the comming Asian superpower. 8% growth in 2002? No way.

6. China bubble part two. How about 200 million unemployed and rising? How about soaring deficits to finance BS projects like the 3 Gorges?(I give the 3 Gorges 10 years, and then it will have turned into a giant pool of mud) How about a population that’s aging like they want to turn China into one big Florida? Environmental degradation anyone?

And last and most important: It is a fucking Communist country. I grew up in one too, and let me tell you, Communism is one big fat pile of shit.

Alright, I am feeling better now.

I forgot: Their characters are ugly and they use way too many "err"s when talking (like “deng i hua-err”, excuse my pinyin).

Because they’re the leading exporter in vacuum cleaners :sunglasses: .

As for strong nationalism despite being a crap country, you can find that in India too. I think it’s common in countries which have old civilizations but bugger-all-else. Arab countries are the same, from what I’ve heard.
The culture may be 5000 years old, but you can’t eat it, wear it, shelter from a rainstorm under it.

Did ya guys hear about that they did recently?? From now on, if you are born in Canada, you have to put CHINA for your nationality, otherwise, you will have a hard time getting a China Visa in the future if you wanna travel to China. They were going to do that to Australia as well, but they refuse. @#()@(# I hate them for doing that!! (any more info. on this matter would be greatly appreciated.)

• MiakaW

No, if you are born in Taiwan or Hong Kong you have to put ‘China’ as your birthplace, they told Canada to tell their citizens to write ‘China’ on visa applications

[quote=“MiakaW”]Did ya guys hear about that they did recently?? From now on, if you are born in Canada, you have to put China for your nationality, otherwise, you will have a hard time getting a China Visa in the future if you wanna travel to China. They were going to do that to Australia as well, but they refuse. @#()@(# I hate them for doing that!! (any more info. on this matter would be greatly appreciated.)

• MiakaW[/quote]

Wow, all the Canadians I know are going to be pissed. China already has bad enough a population problem without adding the entire population of Canada to its total. About China sucking, though, maybe we should put this in the “Obvious” forum.

[quote=“Poagao”]China already has bad enough a population problem without adding the entire population of Canada to its total. [/quote]I Think a country as big as china can easily aborb all 27 people who live in Canada :wink:

Thanks MatthewH for clearing it up for me. But still, what they wanted to do is unreasonable. :imp: A lot of my friends in Canada said that they would rather give up their citizenship to follow what the govt. wants them to do!!

I like those “errs.” It’s the only sound I can reproduce perfectly.

China is like an 800 pounds of gorilla that runs into our backyard, and to make it worse, he even thinks himself our brother!!! :laughing: Quote from Jason Hu, Mayor of Taichung City, when he was still sort of a diplomat.

China is a Communist country, Taiwan is a Democracy country. It is ridiculous to say people can not cite their birthplace as "Taipei, Taiwan in the passport.

A shock news in Mandarin newspapers today. Most of beer imported from China contains methanal !! That would cause you cancer if you drink it over limit. The point is imported beer have not been checked, it means no quality control inspection by us!!

Also, TV news shoot the fact lots of herbal medicine from China are fake, that’s sucks!!

China is the most aggressive country in Asia. In the last 50 years they have attacked Tibet, India, Viet Nam, Korea, the U.S.S.R, and the Philippines. They will not rest until Taiwan’s freedom has been eliminated.

As for the visa issue, China demanded that Canada and the U.S.A. not allow their citizens list Taiwan as their “place of origin”. Both refused. However, according to the new policy in Beijing, anyone so listing Taiwan will not be issued a visa.

i am glad you asked this question threadmaster. China is too big for its britches and will break apart within the next 25 years, a la USSR and Taiwan will not be a part of it at all. All I can wish the Chinese people right now who are reading this is good luck, God bless and may the Force be with you. Free China soon! Yes!

I’m glad there’s no more formaldehyde in Taiwan Beer. Still tastes crap though.

Any news on when the investigation into the Dalu beers will be completed ? Not that I drink them, but I’d be interested to hear… (as I drank a few of them when I was in China)

does ludahai mean ludicrous? You sound like such a scaremongering hawk it’s not even funny. (yah i know china has problems, isn’t perfect, but…)

[edited] and Taiwan only became a “democracy” what in the last few years. Let’s neglect the part where they were a dictatorship under martial law for nearly 50 years.

Maybe if the KMT had done its job and fought the invaders instead of pillaging the nation, we would be somewhere else today. CKS, SYS suck. :smiling_imp:

I don’t know if the person who posted that second message you responded to is Taiwanese or not, but you should show a little more respect than to criticize their grammar. I wonder if your Chinese or Minnanhua is as good as his/her English.

Kenny, your comment about jenpenguin’s English shows a real lack of class. She is not a native speaker of English, quite obviously. You’re not going to win any friends here by criticizing other posters’ English.

My take on China, after having lived and visited there over the past ten years, is that you have to differentiate between the average Chinese person you meet and the government. I have liked most of the Chinese people I have met. Some of my best friends are Chinese nationals. On the other hand, I have been generally disgusted with the lack of rule of law, the oppression, and the corruption I have encountered when observing and dealing with the government and officialdom. I refuse to do business in China for this reason, but I really enjoy visiting the country.

Kenny, I’m charging up that Tazer … charging … charging …
Not nice. Bad Kenny. BAD Kenny.
(BTW, since you appear to be on an English correctness pogrom, you DO know you’re supposed to start a new sentence with a capital letter, don’t you?)

Jenpenguin, there are boors and stupid people on these forums. Don’t let them stop you from posting your thoughts here. Most of us are only too happy to overlook grammar lapses. Hell, most of us make plenty of them ourselves (just look at Kenny’s post :smiling_imp: ) and we have NO excuse!

Jeeez, Tomas, you seem to like everyone. :wink:

Matthew, I guess you missed Jen’s call in the Language Exchange Forum for a partner to improve her English. Now why don’t you make it up to her by sending her a PM and meeting her for coffee. That’s a good lad. :laughing: