Taiwan Receipt Lottery

and for next time, you can use this online web-checker to do this:
postaround.me/taiwan

typing in the numbers manually is not quicker … ?

is the Taiwan lottery legit?

I was on a taxi and driver said it might be rigged. He said he got a friend that owns a lottery store, he didn’t have any winners but higher up told him to shut up and just tell BS stories to newspaper and people if they come to his store, or else they will shut down his store if he doesn’t shut up. What do you guys think? is it all rigged in Taiwan?actually no one wins it? anyone heard about similar taxi story?

I don’t have any TW lottery stories, but I do have a 刮刮樂 (scratchie ticket?) story. There’s a shop near my office and I canot remember how many tickets I have bought (dozens?) and I cannot win anything. Other shops seem fine.

im sure im late on this, but the receipts that 7-11 doesnt print out for you, how do you check the winning numbers on those tickets?

Do only the long receipts with lottery info on the back count? I saw short receipts without lottery info also with an 8 digit no…
And do only receipts purchased within the relevant 2 months qualify?
Thanks!

Only the receipts purchased within the relevant 2 months qualify.

The new short receipts are also eligible. However, this was my most recent experience with the new short receipts:

I went into a 7-11 to redeem my winning ticket from May-June by purchasing $200 worth of items. In the past, there were no problems with the long reciepts–simply print my info on the back, including my ARC number.

However, the clerk informed me that with the new short tickets, the clerk MUST scan the barcode on a Taiwanese ID to enter the winner’s information into the system. Although ARCs have a barcode, apparently they don’t contain the information that is required (the manager of the 7-11 confirmed this). So, the clerk ended up using his own ID to process my transaction.

So, if you’re redeeming a short receipt to purchase items/add to an icash card, instead of getting cash at the post office, it’s more of a hassle.

If someone else has had a different experience (which wouldn’t surprise me), I’d love to hear it.

Well, and I’m sure I’m not alone in this… but I’m not sweating it about my ARC not working for 7-11 redemption because I have gone through well over 2000 receipts in four different rounds of lottery and have won exactly $0 NT. When I look at the hours I put in for absolutely no return, it’s a really crappy job… and I’ve already quit.

:doh:

Don’t quit! I’ve been here for 4.5 years, and on the average I have at least one winning ticket every other drawing. My biggest win was Nov-Dec 2011; I matched 5 numbers and won $4,000! (less 20% tax :neutral:) There were plenty of expressions of “gong xi, gong xi” from the post office workers, who seemed just as shocked as I was.

My luck is bound to run out…maybe your turn is next?

I have no idea how you could never win with 2000 receipts. You have a 5 in 1000 chance of winning 200NT. I agree though that it probably isn’t worth it but maybe you get lucky.

Yeah, I always win 200, sometimes more - biggest haul 1400. You can check them while watchign TV or something. It’s no big chore.

Yeah, maybe it’s just my luck. I do have notoriously bad luck.

Back in the states when I would go to Vegas with friends, I would lose everything I budgeted for gambling within in a couple of hours… I wasn’t betting stupid or taking crazy risks, I would just literally not win even a single hand of blackjack,not hit a single number in roulette, not get anywhere in craps — never anything in any game at all. It’s really quite impressive in a very sad way. But then I would have to spend the rest of the weekend standing around watching my friends play, to broke to go to a show or anything to keep myself entertained.

Since the receipt lottery doesn’t involve purchasing tickets, I thought it was worth a shot to see if my luck would turn. Nope. Simple not in my stars. :aiyo:

Then give the whole shebang to someone else. They may strike gold.

My then gf in Taiwan always gets a few winners each two months. Many 200nt sometimes 1000nt and twice 4000nt (which needs to be taxed, the lower numbers not).

After a year of collecting, I’ve finally won my first fapiao prize! $1000 tax-free, woohoo! :yay: Now, to redeem it… it’s from a $40 7-11 purchase, with the short receipt. I’ll give it a shot using my ARC, cross your fingers!

I had no problem with the short receipt at the post office. He just got me to write my name and ARC number on the back.

Cool, thanks! Next Friday, I shall redeem.

Is it too late to claim 2013 7-8 prizes?

Yep, too late. Sorry.

http://www.etax.nat.gov.tw/etwmain/front/ETW183W7?id=14153b9359700000bec80d2828fe630f&site=en

A lot less than the odds of you being a bot.

:yay: 1000NT

In the last year the odds of winning 200NT have gotten better. There used to only be 1-2 three number winners and 3 first prizes but there were 4 three number winners this month. This means that your chances of winning something have increased from 1 in 200 (or 1 in 250) to 1 in 143. Your chance of winning 1000NT is 1 out 3333 receipts. This was the first time that I have won 1000NT out of 3+ years of checking receipts.

To put some context into how often someone should win I counted my receipts this time. I had 54 receipts (about 1 per day) which means that I should win (200NT) once every 5-6 months. This seems consistent with my winnings. It feels like I go to the post office every 2-3 drawings to collect my 200NT.

Unrelated to this but I am trying to cut down on how many receipts I have by not buying junk food (coke + chips) from 7-11. I seem to have made negative progress since I already have 50+ receipts and there are still two weeks left.