Receipt and Taiwan Lottery

:yay: 1000NT

In the last year the odds of winning 200NT have gotten better. There used to only be 1-2 three number winners and 3 first prizes but there were 4 three number winners this month. This means that your chances of winning something have increased from 1 in 200 (or 1 in 250) to 1 in 143. Your chance of winning 1000NT is 1 out 3333 receipts. This was the first time that I have won 1000NT out of 3+ years of checking receipts.

To put some context into how often someone should win I counted my receipts this time. I had 54 receipts (about 1 per day) which means that I should win (200NT) once every 5-6 months. This seems consistent with my winnings. It feels like I go to the post office every 2-3 drawings to collect my 200NT.

Unrelated to this but I am trying to cut down on how many receipts I have by not buying junk food (coke + chips) from 7-11. I seem to have made negative progress since I already have 50+ receipts and there are still two weeks left.

[quote=“Abacus”]
Unrelated to this but I am trying to cut down on how many receipts I have by not buying junk food (coke + chips) from 7-11. I seem to have made negative progress since I already have 50+ receipts and there are still two weeks left.[/quote]

Hey, who needs to cut down on receipts for health, when receipts can generate wealth?

Go to the Seven. Buy a bottle of water= 1 ticket.
Then buy a banana= 1 ticket.

Improve your health and wealth at the same time.

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”][quote=“Abacus”]
Unrelated to this but I am trying to cut down on how many receipts I have by not buying junk food (coke + chips) from 7-11. I seem to have made negative progress since I already have 50+ receipts and there are still two weeks left.[/quote]

Hey, who needs to cut down on receipts for health, when receipts can generate wealth?

Go to the Seven. Buy a bottle of water= 1 ticket.
Then buy a banana= 1 ticket.

Improve your health and wealth at the same time.[/quote]

The math isn’t very good unfortunately since each ticket is worth about 1.5NT.

Are tourists allowed to claim winnings in both the lottery and the receipts?
Imagine a tourist won the lottery jackpot only to be told they couldn’t claim it.
If it was me, I would put an add out and sell it for a bit lower than its value.

You need a Taiwan ID or ARC number to win

I gave up on electronic receipts… I switched to mostly electronic receipts, and only a few paper receipts and I’ve still won dough! Nothing from my E-receipts. I think it may not be legit.

I was fortunate enough to win 10,000 on of these 2 years back. Government took 2,000 back for taxes right away, but I was content with what I got.

You should have gotten a tax refund though.

Hi everyone,
I’m not familiar with the receipt lottery rules, or if I’m looking at it right on the site:
dot.gov.tw/en/

The current lottery numbers posted are for Nov-Dec receipts only?
And the next drawing is around March 25, 2015, for Jan-Feb receipts?
Thanks.

You can check out this site:

etax.nat.gov.tw/etwmain/fron … W6?site=en

[quote=“PapaAzucar”]Hi everyone,
I’m not familiar with the receipt lottery rules, or if I’m looking at it right on the site:
dot.gov.tw/en/

The current lottery numbers posted are for Nov-Dec receipts only?
And the next drawing is around March 25, 2015, for Jan-Feb receipts?
Thanks.[/quote]

yes, the lottery always takes place at the end (the 25th) of the following month and you can’t claim your BIG prize until the 5th.

Every time I hear about this kind of thing, it pains me to think of all those lonely NT’s, wasting away as wards of the state… :sob: