Taiwan Receipt Lottery

I’ve played it about 4 times and won 200NT twice. Those odds sound about right, considering that’s about a thousand receipts.

One thing I noticed was that last month, they had three extra numbers. If you matched any of those three digits, you won 200 NT. This month they didn’t have the extra numbers. Why?

I’d be grateful if someone could explain this too! I thought I remembered extra numbers so I checked the official website, which had one three-digit ‘additional number’ listed for the 11-12 drawing (none for the 1-2 one).

However, I seem to remember (perhaps wrongly) that there were at least two ‘additional numbers’ in the 11-12 drawing and I thought they were eight digits too. The way I remember it is 1 grand prize number, 3 regular numbers, 2 additional numbers (fewer than mod lang’s memory but still more than the official site). Completely confused now - and I didn’t even win anything last time! :s

I think one of the numbers was ‘5’.

Well, I won 4,000 this time.

I feel lucky, I’d better buy a lottery ticket too.

Sh…, I have a receipt (month 9-10) where I can match 5 digits to the Grand Prize number, but that doesn’t entitle you for anything (has to match the 1st prize numbers). :frowning:

Did win 2x NT200 though - nearly two weeks free breakfast at 7-11 … :smiley:

Numbers here:

dot.gov.tw/upload/20040506.htm

Good luck!
CK

Hmm…nothing’s up for this months’ lottery. Any working links since neither the dot.gov.tw site nor tealit.com are showing the numbers?

http://www.ntat.gov.tw/chinese/05apply/invoice_9402.htm

:notworthy:

Nice post, thanks!

I just started checking these after a long period of learned helplessness, since I never win. Just checked my Mar-Apr & May-Jun receipts. ZIP. :frowning:

May-June numbers are here:

http://www.dot.gov.tw/en/display/detail.asp?nkind=45&upkind=2

Looks like the July-Aug numbers come out around Sept. 25-27 or so.

Lottery Numbers
09/25/05 announcement, for July & Aug.

10968 847
43547 836
86029 798

And the whopper,
10909 974

(from Tealit, thanks! – the Gov’t site was down)

Partial matches are only on the three first right?
Figures since I have a 9974

YingFan

Yeah. Bummer!

Here’s the explanation from Tealit (thanks again to them!):

There’s a bit more info on this at Tealit, here:
http://www.tealit.com/lotto.htm

Woohoo! I won again! Another 200 big ones are going into Erhu’s pocket.
[color=red]8[/color][color=orange]3[/color][color=blue]6[/color]
are my lucky numbers this month. Receipt Lottery ROCKS! :bouncy:

this used to be good when there were more numbers to match … was tough not to win at least $200. now, feel very lucky if you manage to win even that.

the govt. site is up, just REALLY slow.

Yep, I won NT$200 this time, but it’s the first time I’ve won in about a year, and I keep EVERY receipt.

When I first came to Taiwan I think they had about 6 or 7 numbers in total. I guess if the government thinks they have achieved their goal (ie getting more companies to use official taxable receipts) they can cut back on the winning odds. The thing is, I don’t think any more places issue receipts now than 5 years ago! Perhaps they just figure that the plan has failed and eventually they’ll phase it out altogether? Let’s hope not.

Really? I’ve won 4 times in the past year. 4 out 6 times isn’t bad. Usually it’s just $200, but one time I won $1000. I can’t understand why some people throw away their receipts. The could be throwing away $200,000. It’s like playing the lottery, but it’s free. No complaints from me.

Woo hoo, $600 !!! Not bad for a quick 5-minute receipt check! :happybiker:

Heard they’re going to raise the winning numbers from 3 to 4 for the Sep-Oct receipts, and to 5 for the Nov-Dec receipts. Don’t know what happens after that, though.

Sept-Oct receipts have 3 “first prize” numbers and 1 grand prize number. As usual, you must match all the numbers to get the grand or first prizes, but can match the last seven, six, five, four or three numbers of any of the 3 “first prize numbers” to get, respectively, decreasing amounts of $.

NOTE: The new thing appears to be an additional “Sixth prize” 3-digit number , to which you can match the last 3 digits to win $200; it functions like adding another “first prize” number, except that the prizes on it are limited to $200.

Numbers here:
english.etax.nat.gov.tw/wSite/lp … &BaseDSD=7

Excerpt:

Grand Prize 5 2 5 5 2 8 4 5
NT$2 million for matching all the digits from the above grand prize winning number.

First Prizes
5 3 5 4 9 7 4 7
7 0 4 7 2 0 8 2
8 3 3 6 6 1 2 1
(Match last three or more numbers to win increasing prizes)

Additional Sixth Prize
NT$200 for matching to last 3 nos…