Recommendations for where to go during National Day holiday

Hi,

We’ve been in the country for a month now and looking to escape Taipei during the National Day break. Does anyone have suggestions where to go for 3 days 2 nights or something like that?

I was at xiaoliuqiu last weekend, would consider going back there but they said that the island is way too popular on those dates and it’s not enjoyable. I guess the same will be true of the other main tourist destinations.

We prefer going off the beaten track anyway… any suggestions?

Either something chilled out, or something more adventuruous/demanding (but nothing overly challenging). I can speak enough Chinese to get around.

thanks
D

Uhhhhmmmm holidays are best advised to not travel, avoid horrendous traffic, unavailable or competitive public transportation like buses and trains, crowds at any locations even the off-the-beaten-path locations.

It’s a good time to travel somewhere cheap close easy fun like Manila haha

1 Like

Honestly out of taiwan. Traveling on the island will suck anywhere by car, bus, train, etc. take a short flight to Thailand,Philippines, Vietnam

For me this is the time to stay home and be lazy and eat a bunch of delicious food. I usually only travel on non holidays and often during the week instead of the weekend to avoid crowds.