Red light cameras and Speed cameras

I haven’t read the whole thread, so forgive me if I’m repeating info already posted. If you are on He-Ping E. Rd going past Shi Da Univ in that area, there is at least one camera that is a real militant bastard. I’ve paid numerous tickets from it getting me. If I’m not mistaken, it’s just between Jin-Shan and Shi-Da. One of my tickets was for going 63 km/h, which needless to say isn’t allowing for much over the limit. Careful riders!

Just curious if there was any other scooters in the picture? You could then blame the other guy for setting off the camera.

I’m waiting to see if they try to bust me for running a red for only crossing the stop line. The two pictures clearly show I didn’t go through but I bet they will send a fine anyway. However I will appeal that one if it comes in.

I noticed around my house that they will deactivate the camera for a period of time so people forget about it, then fire it up for a week or two to net a lot of people, then turn it off again.

Just curious if there was any other scooters in the picture? You could then blame the other guy for setting off the camera.

I’m waiting to see if they try to bust me for running a red for only crossing the stop line. The two pictures clearly show I didn’t go through but I bet they will send a fine anyway. However I will appeal that one if it comes in.

I noticed around my house that they will deactivate the camera for a period of time so people forget about it, then fire it up for a week or two to net a lot of people, then turn it off again.[/quote]

No. It was only me in the picture. It was at night and there was almost nobody on the road from what I remember.

You could slim down your scooter. I’ve riden my RZR through there plenty of times upwards of 70 without being photographed.

Yup. I’m gravedigging my old post.

Just got done tonight on Wenxin Road in Taichung.
Taichung has very few cameras so when I saw a flash I thought , when did they put that camera in.?

I turned around to look at it and it’s a portable setup, two cops were off to the side and told me anything over 50km sets it off but I noticed almost every car set it off. Quite a tricky little bastard, 3 lane empty road, 4am. Pretty much got everyone passing it. Not looking forward to the $3000 bill

I thought you get a 10km buffer, so you can go 59/60km/h

I thought so to but visually it appeared to flash almost everyone that was going the limit. Maybe they got rid of the buffer for maximum $