Reincarnation

Press the ? key to see all the keyboard shortcuts.

The more time I’m in this body the more I feel like I’ve been walking this planet for more than just this once. It may be the slow deterioration of my brain matter, or it may be an awakening to a truth. Not sure. It does seem to be both a peaceful and disturbing realisation. Like, do I really want to keep re-incarnating? Do I have a choice here? Isn’t is amazing that we come back over and over?

@discobot fortune

1 Like

:crystal_ball: Signs point to yes

2 Likes

Tell us about your past lives @discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing is so gentle as real strength. — Frances de Sales

2 Likes

Maybe the troof that you’re now as relaxed and engaged as you once were king agoo when you were a kid. :idunno:

Or you could be George Washington Carver in white face.

1 Like

It’s neither. It’s called deja vu. :upside_down_face:

BTW, talk about coincidence… I am experiencing the same thing right now as I am typing this. :exploding_head:

1 Like

I’m certainly in a very comfortable comfort zone now, no question about it.

Can deja vu not be a function of generational reincarnation?

Sure. Or we could all be living in a big Matraix-like computer simulation. Anything is possible.

The Matrix isn’t far off from re-incarnation. They both suggest we are much more than the sack of meat we observe. They both suggest we are here but also belong somewhere else. The Matrix is much more depressing though.

Your description here applies to all “life-after-death” theories. Reincarnation, on the other hand, is a very specific theory that suggests people come back to Earth again after death, as another living being. That isn’t the case with The Matrix, or other “life-after-death” theories.

Respectfully disagree. It means different things to people in the West to people in the East , for example. In the west it’s a comforting philosophy. In the East it’s something you are trying to leave.

I heard its crabs most things evolve into.

1 Like

How can reincarnation mean something different to Westerners when most of them don’t even believe in it? It is an Eastern (Buddhist and Hindu) teaching.

How people feel about reincarnation (whether comforting or something to avoid) is irrelevant to its definition.

No, because there is no objective definition of “reincarnation”. It can’t be objectively demonstrated or falsified. Various religions may have orthodox beliefs about it, but the idea of “coming back to life” can (and does) have many different interpretations. A number of Westerners do believe in it and they may have their own definitions. If one doesn’t believe, well then it’s just another superstition.

1 Like

“Politician down to English teachers”.
I’d put it "From teachers doctors, nurses。。。。all the way down to cockroaches and politicians .":sunglasses:

Western beliefs in reincarnation tend to focus on it being a positive thing. Buddhism, which is more an Eastern philosophy, views re-incarnation as a problem. You are supposed to be trying to avoid being reborn.

This is what I have picked up over the years, in this body.

1 Like

The basic dictionary definition of reincarnation is the theory of one coming back to life on Earth after death, no? In terms of the details of how or why it happens exactly, different people might have different beliefs.