Religious freedom used as excuse for bigotry and prejudice

Yes, I found it.

“The compulsion in this case is him being forced to create an expression that he finds offensive,” Tedesco replied.

He said Phillips has sold cakes to gay couples and would have sold a cake to Mullins and Craig. But he added that forcing Phillips to create a custom cake for the couple would be comparable to an artist being forced to paint the Confederate flag against his beliefs.

“He won’t create cakes celebrating Halloween, with anti-family and anti-American messages or racist symbols … either,” Tedesco said.

You can say it aloud, but that doesn’t make it true. This is a common smear tactic used by the Democrats and especially the left-wing faction of the party. If you didn’t vote for Obama, you’re a racist; and if you didn’t vote for Hillary, you’re a sexist. I’m neither, and I didn’t vote for either. I wouldn’t hesitate to vote for a non-white or female candidate if one I thought would make a good president were running and managed to make it past the primaries.

2 Likes

Thanks.

I agree 100 percent. The Democrats and their identity politics are 100X more racist than the Republicans who truly follow MLKs words of not judging someone by the colour of their skin, or in todays gender politics-- what genitalia they have. Obama and Hillary had crappy policies but Condi or Ben Carson or Niki Haley? They would be ideal candidates of inclusion.

2 Likes

Nikki Haley is a non-white female candidate I would vote for in a heartbeat. I hope she runs at some point.

But facebook and twitter are private companies and can sensor who they want right?

1 Like

This story isn’t actually about religious freedom so much, but then… neither is this thread really. I think it’s relevant:

1 Like

Some good news for a change. Great verdict.

It’s irrelevant…mods!

Di you even read that before posting the link??

Message was ok, but method is inciting a riot. Pretty obvious that was his basic intent because when the cop showed up the message of love and tolerance disappeared and it became about claiming people assaulted him and him exercising his freedom. If he really cared about tolerance he wouldn’t be creating the disturbance. The people there didn’t respond to the actual content of his message, but what’s the surprise there? Christianity has a lot of baggage to carry in this department. If he really cared about mending fences he would have found a different, non-confrontational way to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS6AlYBnnlM

I think you’d likely be assaulted in any neighborhood in NYC for doing this regardless of the message

Not to mention, this guy sure puts a lot of content up on youtube, and is getting decent hits. If he’s “monetized” or whatever

That’s pastor David Lin , he often visited the UK. Great debate, he’s huge on YouTube. A kind man and has done loads of charity work.in UKs Leicester Square

1 Like