Renewing JFRV ARC: what ARE the requirements for renewals?

I’m about to renew my JFRV-ARC, but I wondered when I read the regulations from the NIA…

What is missing?

2" photos
Cash
Application Form
Registration Form

Is that it? I couldn’t find any info about health exams… can that be right? Or did they just forget to put it on the PDF application?

Kenneth

You don’t need none of that stuff. All you need is your passport, your old JFRV-based ARC and a copy of your wife’s household registration with your name appended. And NT$3,000. That gets you three years.

Thanks, Sandman.

That’s much easier than before. I seem to remember having to do hospital trips every three years unil 2007. My passport expires next year, so it’s less hassle.

I would like to extend my ARC before going to Blighty… but there’s enough time to do it when I come back, if I don’t need a hospital exam.

Kenneth

That’s all I needed for mine, YMMV depending on what county you are in and how your NIA case officer feels at that particular moment. :ohreally:

Can I take it that the household registration doesn’t need to dated within the last 3 months?

household registration paper should be within 1 month

actually just got back from there this morning.

Household registration was older than a month and they didn’t mind, but i also had to provide 1 photo for use on the application form and in Banqiao i didn’t see a photo booth.

I renewed mine earlier this month in Banqiao. Like StuartCa, I had to provide a photo or two, which I had brought. But they weren’t the right size, so I had to get some new ones taken down the street.

To reach the store, when leaving the agency building go right. Stay on the same side of the road. The shop is on the main road, not far past the little lane you’ll cross.

The photo shop wanted around NT$300 for photos and a CD of the image. But, when I balked at that, they offered just the photos (without the CD) for NT$150.

Oh, and don’t forget that if your real residence is somewhere other than what is stated on your spouse’s household registration, you should bring a bill or something of the sort with your real address to demonstrate that you really reside where you say you do (as opposed to what the household registration certificate says).

[quote=“StuartCa”]actually just got back from there this morning.

Household registration was older than a month and they didn’t mind, but i also had to provide 1 photo for use on the application form and in Banqiao i didn’t see a photo booth.[/quote]There’s photo booth thingy nearby the Banqiao NIA office. Walk out of the NIA doors and turn right. Go to the first traffic signal. Walk across the main road and stick to the left of the side street. You will see an auto repair shop on your left, believe it or not they have one of those instant photo booths in the back of their auto garage. Drop some coins in, sit down and relax and you’ll have your instant photos in about 3 minutes!

Thanks for letting me know where the booth is, if i forget next year i may need it.

You would have thought though that they would have put a machine in the building, so that people don’t have to go looking for one. But I’ve been here long enough to know that logic isn’t something that comes easily!!

[quote=“StuartCa”]Thanks for letting me know where the booth is, if i forget next year i may need it.

You would have thought though that they would have put a machine in the building, so that people don’t have to go looking for one. But I’ve been here long enough to know that logic isn’t something that comes easily!![/quote]

Last time I went in a government office in the west it didn’t even have a photocopier in it (on the plebs’ side of the counter, that is), let alone a photo booth.

Is this list complete? I assume you still need the application form and photos… So happy about not needing a health check, I was thinking I might need an extension to get it done.

Re: Photo booth. There is another one close to that. Also cross the road at traffic lights and walk to your right. No need to go down side street. Its a few meters past the lights. Can’t really describe the place, as I was there last year. But one of those “wtf does this place actually sell” shops.

As i stated earlier I also needed a completed application form (obviously) and (not obviously) a photo

There’s a copier on the first floor of the NIA by the information desk and there is a photobooth in the basement.

Is this information up to date?
Have anyone renewed their JFRV recently and had something different?

I went to renew it today.
In case anyone wants to know, yes, the information here is up to date :banana:

1 Like