Renewing JFRV ARC

Good thing you always keep that one in your wallet.

:laughing: :notworthy:
Damn, you is funny! If I werenā€™t married, Iā€™d dress you in a sheepskin and play roundup.

I just renewed my JFRV two weeks ago and I didnā€™t need proof of any vaccinations. I did need to show them a water bill because my home address is different than the one on the household registration. The bill was in my wifeā€™s name but they didnā€™t care about that.

Hi, Iā€™m due to renew my JFRV (ARC) soon, could someone please confirm procedure. This is my first renewal, and there have been no changes in circumstances since first issued.

1. Household registration print from district admin centre
  2. Current ARC
  3. Passport
  4. $3000 for 3 years

Iā€™m assuming no health check required and I need not bring my wifeā€™s ID or passport.

Is new ARC issued on the spot?
(Would like to avoid hassle of going to NII again to collect new ARC)

Thanks a lot

Iā€™m also soon due for a renewal. I believe you also need to bring two passport sized photos. And Iā€™m pretty sure you need to come back the next week to get the new card.

They should be able to mail it to you for NT$26. Not sure if itā€™s sent registered mail or not. Itā€™s a big trip for some people to make it to the NIA, so saving one trip to pick it up may well be worth the $26.

Thanks all.
The NT$26 postage is worth it, else Iā€™ll have to take half day off work.

How do you ask for the detailed version? The one I had last time was just one page. Do you know what the detailed version is called in Chinese?
Thank you!
And, can you send somebody else to go pick up the new card?

I needed:
2 passport sized photos
Passport
Old ARC card
HHR form which was only one A4 paper
$3,000NT for 3 years

It took themn 2 weeks and then I picked it up. There is almost never a long wait at the Yuanlin NIA office in Changhua County

How do you ask for the detailed version? The one I had last time was just one page. Do you know what the detailed version is called in Chinese?
Thank you!
And, can you send somebody else to go pick up the new card?[/quote]

You can get them to post it.

The Taipei City office has photo machines downstairs, so you donā€™t need to run around to get photos before you go in. I think it was $120. You also need a photocopy of your passport. Again, thereā€™s a photocopy machine already there.

For the household registration, you need the official printout from the household registration office, not the registry book kept at home.

My ARC expires when Iā€™ll be out of the country, and Iā€™m leaving the country about one month before it expires. How early should I go get it renewed? Iā€™m assuming it takes about two weeks for the new ARC to get issued. I can take a print out of my travel itinerary, so hopefully thatā€™ll be enough proof of my travel plans. Should I go two months before the ARC expiration date, which is about 1 month before I leave on my trip?

Thanks for any advice. I tried a search, but this post quoted above was the closest I could find to my situation.

You can give it a shot. :idunno: Take tickets too, if you have paper ones. Be prepared to be told to return two weeks later to try again, or something similarly stupid.

When Iā€™ve gone to renew my JFRV, it took about fifteen minutes. If I recall corrrectly, we just went in with the family record book, paid our three thousand dollars and a few minutes latter my JFRV was renewed. I think itā€™s longer if you need to change from the paper card to the new cards.

In my experience, what Jlick says above is correct:

When requesting the printout, ask for the ꈶē±č¬„ęœ¬ hu4ji2 teng2ben3.

True, we had to go to the registration office to get the copy of the family registration. Once we had this, which only took a few minutes, it was off to the foreign affairs police and fifteen minutes later my JFRV was renewed.

So what happened in the end? I too will be out of the country when my ARC expires and so need to renew it beforehand.

I will know the answer to this question in 19 minutes, and Iā€™ll post it below.

Okay, I just called the Banqiao NIA office, and the guy said itā€™s no problem to renew before my trip as long as I have my regular documents (passport, household registration, etc.) as well as my airline ticket information. That can be a regular airline paper ticket or a printout of an e-ticket.

He recommended that I go renew the ARC 2 weeks before my trip so I can have enough time to pick up the ARC before I leave.

In summary, it looks like they will let you renew more than one month before the expiration of your ARC, provided you have proof of your reason why you need to do so.

My ARC expires when Iā€™ll be out of the country, and Iā€™m leaving the country about one month before it expires. How early should I go get it renewed? Iā€™m assuming it takes about two weeks for the new ARC to get issued. I can take a print out of my travel itinerary, so hopefully thatā€™ll be enough proof of my travel plans. Should I go two months before the ARC expiration date, which is about 1 month before I leave on my trip?

Thanks for any advice. I tried a search, but this post quoted above was the closest I could find to my situation.[/quote]

Iā€™ll be going tomorrow so Iā€™ll post how it went. I already have a plane ticket showing my departure so they really canā€™t refuse me or I wonā€™t be able to get back in the country. I leave My18, my ARC expires June 30 and I return July 18th.
So what happened in the end? I too will be out of the country when my ARC expires and so need to renew it beforehand.[/quote]
I will know the answer to this question in 19 minutes, and Iā€™ll post it below.[/quote]