Renewing JFRV ARC

I just renewed recently in the Taipei City office and this is what you need:

1. ARC and copy
  2. Passport and copy
  3. Spouse’s Household Registration certified printout
  4. Photo
  5. $3000 for 3-year renewal
  6. Application form

There are copiers and photo booths there if needed.

If your residential address is different from your spouse’s household registration address then you need proof of address such as lease.

If you have a new passport you also need to bring your old passport and copy.

Details are on the application form.

What’s the address for this new place in Yonghe, then. I’d better get off there soon.

It’s actually in Zhonghe, although I haven’t needed to go to the NIA since they moved.
See this thread: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 7&t=112576

3 year renewal for 3K?
I wonder seriously why I had to pay 2K for a 1 year renewal and while they did not presented other options ?
Thanks for the link address scomargo

What’s the Chinese name for the household registration printout thingy? A quick answer would be appreciated, as I’m running a bit late. Thanks

Try this:

戶政
Hù zhèng

I thought it was $1000 per year, but there may be reciprocity considerations I guess.

Permanent residency has recently become easy to get. So at this point I recommend switching from an ARC to APRC if you can.

Thanks but in the end I searched the thread and it seems to be ‘tengben’.

I’m going to need to renew my JFRV in the next couple of weeks. I have a few questions:

1. Will they ask for my wife’s ID? Or just a copy may suffice?

2. Can I just bring in a piece of mail or do they need my rental contract? The place I am renting is under someone else’s name so I’m not sure about this. I moved to Xiandian from down south more than a year ago and haven’t updated my address on my ARC since then.

3. I live in Xiandian. What office should I go to?

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]I’m going to need to renew my JFRV in the next couple of weeks. I have a few questions:

1. Will they ask for my wife’s ID? Or just a copy may suffice?

2. Can I just bring in a piece of mail or do they need my rental contract? The place I am renting is under someone else’s name so I’m not sure about this. I moved to Xiandian from down south more than a year ago and haven’t updated my address on my ARC since then.

3. I live in Xiandian. What office should I go to?[/quote]

4. You just need her name and number.

5. Not sure.

6. Zhonghe

See my recent post for what you need: flob.me/p1488637

Your wife’s ID or copy, or her presence are not required. Her name and ID number are already on the household registration certificate. I’ve done the last three renewals completely on my own, other than having my wife get a current household registration certificate.

For proof of address I’ve heard that you may use a utility bill in your wife’s or your name, but you may want to verify this. If it turns out to not be possible to prove your residence address, an alternative is to register with the address on the household registration, though that may be inconvenient in your case.

Tank you all for the useful info, today i renewed my JFRV ARC, i confirm jlick list of needed stuff

1. ARC and copy
  2. Passport and copy
  3. Spouse’s Household Registration certified printout 戶籍謄本 less then 3 month old
  4. one Photo
  5. $3000 for 3-year renewal
  6. Application form (can be downloaded here immigration.gov.tw/public/Da … 064471.pdf)

they keep your ARC, and need 2 weeks to get the new one.

regards
bivio

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can follow this steps to renew my ARC after it is expired because I haven’t stayed for more than 180 days per year? :loco: :eh:

Are you still within the validity dates printed on the ARC but stayed out of the country for a duration of more than180 days per year OR did you remain outside of Taiwan and you are now outside of the validity dates printed on the card? These are two entirely different situations.

A JFRV is not affected in its validity by scenario one, although naturalization/APRC eligibility time frames do get affected. Scenario two would mean an entirely new application for you.

Thanks for your answer. I do not have the ARC yet, but I am considering what is the best solution when I receive It. I also want to get the driving license, but I will stay only one month per year in Taiwan. I will have to go back to renew it before it will expire…
Entirely new application means, all the documents are required again? Criminal record etc.?

Yes, that’s what it means. So better make sure to be back in time for renewal.

Does anyone know if all of this information is still current? I need to renew mine next month. Thank you!

I appreciate that this is a little late for you now, but for anyone else, yes, that’s all I needed when I renewed mine in February. Had proof of address too, but wasn’t asked for it. Only took about a week for me actually, totally painless procedure (NIA in Tainan).

I have to renew this month but my passport will run out in six months.

I normally renew for three years.

In this situation, will they let me renew for three years?

Or just let me renew for six months?

Can’t remember what happened 10 years ago