Republicans vote kill worker safety rules

It seems we have found some common ground. This for me is where things get interesting. It is the beginning of a conversation about Globalisim, who benefits and who looses out and why, with what consequences and for who.

This is the start of a conversation about health care costs, patents, copyrights, about the way trade agreements are structured and who Governments are serving (ain’t the people they are supposed to). It’s a conversation about open boarders and who benefits from such a policy, as well as who looses out and what are the costs associated.

Chris is right about one thing, this is not a left right issue, even on the left there, the Bernie Sanders contingent would take great umbrage at Rachel Madows guest and his false song of globalism. They would point out how the banking system not only crashed under this decades long march, but how it’s not limited to just the US, with the EU and most of the developed world, with chaotic results for countries like Greece.

This is the conversation the Donald Trump supporters have been having for the past 18 months, while the left and MSM went off on it’s racist/sexist/homophobic/islamaphobic/xenophobic rant. Don’t get me wrong, the right are not blind to the fact Trump is far from diplomatic. They too put their head in their hands and think “fucking hell” when he calls Mexicans rapists and murders and as an afterthought says perhaps there are some good ones too, but they want immigration control, and they want subjects like sanctuary cities addressed. They too think he’s gone too far when he calls for a ban on Muslims, but they see whats happening with a flood a refugees in the EU and recognize the danger, they understand if there is a travel advisory to Pakistan that basically says “don’t go there because you are likely to be kidnapped or shot” it’s probably a good idea to be really careful about who you let from Pakistan come to the US.

The US is already ‘really careful’ about who they let into the US…has been for years. There was never any danger of a ‘flood of refugees’ coming into the US. How would that happen exactly?!? The US does not have open borders.
Total BS shouldn’t even be repeated…

Trump is just riling up the masses with panic and fear to get power, that’s all.

When he wasn’t the president the employment figures were all fake,now he’s president and they continue to improve they’re great news. Kept claiming that the US was going down the tubes and the economy was in ruins when the opposite was the case!!

He’s even making up malicious falsehoods about the last president…AGAIN and AGAIN.

The guy is a slimy lying racist opportunist. You wouldn’t even want him as your neighborhood councilor let alone Leader of the nation.
If you need him to be your president to have a ‘conversation’ God love America.

(That other eejit Paul Ryan didn’t cover himself with glory this week he doesn’t even understand how insurance works…and he’s supposed to be one of the smart ones…guess using PowerPoint makes you smart compared to Twitter storms at 6am!!)

[quote=“Brianjones, post:82, topic:158697, full:true”]
The US is already ‘really careful’ about who they let into the US…has been for years. There was never any danger of a ‘flood of refugees’ coming into the US. How would that happen exactly?!? The US does not have open borders.
Total BS shouldn’t even be repeated…[/quote]

This came up in the debates because one of Clintons paid speeches was leaked where she said her dream was for open boarders. Clinton is the globalist view.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927#efmFhxFke

Trump is just riling up the masses with panic and fear to get power, that’s all.

How many refugees was Hillary wanted to bring in? didn’t she want a 500% increase?

When he wasn’t the president the employment figures were all fake,now he’s president and they continue to improve they’re great news. Kept claiming that the US was going down the tubes and the economy was in ruins when the opposite was the case!!

He tries to take credit for everything, even when it’s not justified. But how unemployment is calculated is always contentious and often manipulated for politics, Spicer was asked about that and he replied that Trump would maintain the current number as it is reported now is far less than reality.

He’s even making up malicious falsehoods about the last president…AGAIN and AGAIN.

You state this as if you know it’s fact. Trump and his AG are of a handful of people who are in a position to know. Let’s revisit this later, my guess is Obama will stay clean and Loretta lynch will be the fall guy.

The guy is a slimy lying racist opportunist. You wouldn’t even want him as your neighborhood councilor let alone Leader of the nation.
If you need him to be your president to have a ‘conversation’ God love America.

I think you have bought into the left wing caricature. It’s interesting because there was an AMA thread on Reddit a few months ago for people who actually had met Trump. It’s so different from what people saw in the presidential run. People that know him, nearly always speak highly of him.

(That other eejit Paul Ryan didn’t cover himself with glory this week he doesn’t even understand how insurance works…and he’s supposed to be one of the smart ones…guess using PowerPoint makes you smart compared to Twitter storms at 6am!!)

I don’t think you will hear anything but sharp criticism for Ryan from those who support Trump. Or McCain or Romney or Graham, they are all globalists and part of the establishment. Something the left would be loath to admit is Clinton would be virtually no different to any of them when it comes to treaties, corporations, wars, Banks, corruption and the rest of it.

Where is the economic panic and the mass invasion of refugees and terrorists theory justified?

Let’s face if…its just a crass electoral ploy.
Repeat it enough times people start believing it or at least it confuses the hell out of em until the next sound bite.

'Somebody met Trump down the pub and said he was a great lad and he even shouted a round once back in '72. :slight_smile:

He’s not even remotely qualified to be a village councilor he’d be sued to death in most countries already but you have the first amendment I guess.

Yes indeed, you should really read the thread i was talking about, no one had a bad word to say about him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/5d8zop/serious_people_who_have_met_or_dealt_with_donald/

There’s even one point where people are trying to work out why he is so different in the electoral run as he appears to people who have met him and there is this exchange.

I think this thread and election say a lot more about America than they do about Trump.
Makes me wonder, if he had sat down, come up with some real solid policies and put them forward while acting like this, would he have made it past the primary?

Hahaha no. Cruz would be in mild competition with Bush, and he’d be about as notable as Rand Paul.

Clinton talked about the need for a public and private face. Trump did what he had to do publicly or would have been irrelevant before the primary was over. Clinton privately, by all accounts is not the smiling cherub she presented to us either.

Why are you still talking about Clinton?

Because some randomers that met Trump in a social context like the guy means NOTHING.

What is the point of even discussing that?!?

Do not understand your point…is it you think he’s misunderstood or something?!?

The guys already the president look at what he is doing and saying publically.

It’s self evident that a lot of people don’t understand him as well as they think they do. If fact, there are a lot of things they don’t understand as well as they think they do. That’s how he got where he is.

Staying vaguely off topic… :slight_smile:

Move over, Jackson, Lincoln and Hitler. It’s time for Trump is the new Lenin, courtesy of Princeton’s Harold James.

I could ask you why you don’t want to discuss the dozen or so topics I touched on, illegal immigration, radical Islamic terrorism, cronyism, politicians looking out for corporate interests over the peoples, healthcare costs, trade deals geared towards global corporations over peoples interests, copyright and patent laws that benefit and entrench established companies at the expense of new innovation and cost people more, a banking system propped up by corrupt politicians that we have seen fail just recently, countries going through decades of austerity and wars initiated by globalists for geopolitical reasons that have killed hundreds of thousands and displaced millions.

No, the one topic you want to discuss is the character of Donald Trump, but you don’t want to hear form people who actually know him, apparently that means nothing. You don’t want to hear about Hillary Clinton who would have been the alternative to Trump and her failings. You don’t want to discuss her comments about her dream of open boarders.

Instead you are latching on to the faux outrage over everything that Trump does and parroting their opinions as truth such as Trump besmirching the good name of Obama, when you and I don’t know, the MSM doesn’t know, it’s all speculation. Just like the extent of Russia and their actions and collaboration with Trump and his team, it’s 90% speculation at this point and you know what, I really couldn’t care a less, I couldn’t care a less he bragged to Billy Bush women let him grab their pussy and the funny thing is you think you have the moral high ground, in my opinion you don’t, not even close and if you are wondering why, I suggest reading the first paragraph again. Perhaps when you can move on from Trumps a meanie to discussing those issues we can chat again.

You said radical Islamic terrorism.
Can you say that in Trumps voice? :slight_smile:
Are they an off shoot of Islamic terrorism by any chance?

Who are the MSM? Are they a breakaway from MSN by any chance?

I just look at what Trump says and does. Wild accusations and lies along with self confession of attacking women.
He’s also a serial adulterer and cheater and has bankrupt many businesses.
He is also a racist as evident from his public statements.
He doesn’t even have the guts to apologize when he’s caught out slandering and lying about people including the ex president multiple times.

Who the f$&k cares if somebody met him at a party and liked him once what a ridiculous line of argument!!!

[quote=“Brianjones, post:90, topic:158697, full:true”]
You said radical Islamic terrorism.
Can you say that in Trumps voice? :slight_smile:
Are they an off shoot of Islamic terrorism by any chance?[/quote]

I’ll put a name to it even if Trump has not, Wahhabisim. The Wahhabi belief is much more radical that say the Islamic followers in say Indonesia. But the problem is more complex than just Wahhabisim, there are radicals in both Sunni and Shite, but you know that Im sure.

Who are the MSM? Are they a breakaway from MSN by any chance?

Mainstream media

I just look at what Trump says and does. Wild accusations and lies along with self confession of attacking women.
He’s also a serial adulterer and cheater and has bankrupt many businesses.
He is also a racist as evident from his public statements.
He doesn’t even have the guts to apologize when he’s caught out slandering and lying about people including the ex president multiple times.

Who the f$&k cares if somebody met him at a party and liked him once what a ridiculous line of argument!!!

We get it, you don’t like Trump. He said some stupid and inflammatory things. We have heard it all 100 times before. You are of course quite welcome to form your own opinion, you are quite welcome to voice your distaste for the man. There are plenty of people who voted for him feel the same way and call him an ass. But for them there are more important issues, like the first paragraph in my last post.

An even bigger problem is that he’s doesn’t just say stupid things he DOES stupid things, like appointing that idiot to head the EPA, this has enormous repercussions for the global environment.

Then Americas problem becomes OUR problem.

Let’s face it, many people put him into office so they can look into the mirror again and call themselves a decent person.

Well, I can see how that would upset many. Global warming is a massive topic and not as cut and dried as you might think, not in terms of it’s happening and are we causing it, primarily or partially. I firmly believe we are in both cases.

I don’t think anyone will be 100% in agreement with any President or other persons opinions and actions, if they are that would be a clear sign to me that a particular person wasn’t worth taking seriously. However, having said that, are you aware of many Republicans concerns regarding the EPA. That’s not to say they are true or not, I was wondering if you had heard their concerns.

[quote=“Mick, post:89, topic:158697, full:true”]
No, the one topic you want to discuss is the character of Donald Trump, but you don’t want to hear form people who actually know him, apparently that means nothing.[/quote]

I don’t mean to sound partisan, but does it mean anything when people say their feline companions actually know the Donald? What’s good for the goose, after all…

If it’s right before the election? And then they conveniently disappear into the woodwork right after the election is over? Then, no, it doesn’t mean anything…at least not what they say it does.

I think it’s a fair question. The short answer is, for me, it’s a negative for Trump. Some like Dr_Milker allude to may have been election theatrics, but I heard enough to suspect Trump in the past has behaved like a sleaze from time to time.

The worst of those (that I heard of, or gave credibility to) was his ex-wives claim of spousal rape, she later recanted, but that was a pretty detailed description of events. Some have tried to downplay this as this came up during divorce proceedings,

I am aware of other such claims too, some played up by the media, some misrepresented by the media, The thing about such a line of attack, is that is does work, it’s hard for me to know how much is true but overall, combined with his comments on women, combined with his pussy grabbing boast, it casts a very negative light on Trump.

What part of that isn’t equally true of a bunch of guys on reddit during election season? And who’s disappeared? If anyone’s suing, that usually takes time.

Yeah…about, um, four years? Or maybe eight if Trump gets reelected.

Milker logic: anyone who wins an election must be innocent. :innocent:

Meanwhile in Taiwan and South Korea… :popcorn:

Note: I am not saying anyone’s innocent or guilty of anything. But we were talking about the Don’s character. When you need a favorable character witness, you can hardly do better than yourself.