Requirement to apply Work Permit (non english teacher)

Thank you for the reply guys :slight_smile:
I emailed Labor affairs and this is their reply

[quote]According to Administrative Decree No. 0940503752 of 21 June 2005, issued by Council of Labor Affairs, Executive Yuan, “Qualifications and Criteria Standards for foreigners undertaking the jobs specified under Article 46.1.1 to 46.1.6 of the Employment Service Act (hereinafter referred as “This Standards”) Article 4.1.15, other works designated as per the joint consultation of the central governing authority and the central competent authorities are as follows: 1. (skip); 2. Foreigners who are employed in restaurant business as a chief. Foreigners, who are employed doing above two types of works, must meet requirements specified in Article 5 and Article 8 of This Standards. As to employers who hire above two types of foreign workers, they should be qualified for one of criteria specified in Article 36 or Article 37 of This Standards.” Therefore, employers running restaurant business are allowed to employ foreigners as chefs within the territory of the Republic of China.

To get your work permit, you shall request your prospective employers to make the application to us. In terms of relevant documents required for application, please visit our English website of Bureau of Employment and Vocational Training at: evta.gov.tw/eng/home/index.asp Enter the section of “Foreign Workers for Special Professions or Technical Assignments(White Collar).” After that, click“Documents Required”and find Title“A.15 Others”at page 2 then you can see the details by clicking on the link of“A.15 Others”[/quote]

Im having trouble finding those Articles mentioned on their website tho… I see the “Document required” but they dont ask for my certificate or anything. Sounds too easy to be true :unamused:

I only have Diploma in Hospitality(patisserie) and worked as Bakery assistant till I become Bakery Manager for 3 years back in Australia even though not much baking involved. So I hope they could go easy on me haha…

Thanks again guys :slight_smile: