Right or wrong? Civil Affairs Bureau features 10 models representing the bureau

I bet it was a fun thing for them as a whole too. Sure are some cute public servants.

The cute ones would happily join the contest ( there surely was one ). And the not so cute ones, well they know they better get back to work. And you know most of the not so cute ones all have boyfriends and husbands ( I should say or ) I bet.

The hotties are still shopping.

Jenda? “The women exude an air of cultured professionalism and enthusiasm, which also reflects the attitude that the New Taipei Government hopes to convey serving the city’s residents.”
Residents who visit KTV’s i guess.

2 Likes

The Miss America Organization is a corporation and contestants are contractural employees who have to agree to a list of written job requirements so if the context is “something I would read from the 60’s” a nationally televised contest to pick the next scantily clad Miss America would seem to qualify.

Can you or your friends in New Taipei City go to that Civil Affairs Bureau and seek out at least one or two or more of those workers and ask them point-blank if they felt victimized, or did they feel that what they did was sexist, or did they feel degraded by having their picture taken like that, or do they and/or their coworkers feel proud of the results?

My guess is you cannot or will not and if you or someone else did actually do so that the answers to those queries would be in the negative, except for yes to the last one. This is such a non-issue, but I guess it has to be made into one.

1 Like

To even out the score, I suggest a calendar featuring 10 of the best 45-year-old male civil servants in traditional male attire: blue flipflops, calf-length baggy jeans, and a wifebeater rolled up over the paunch. They can be seated on the bed of a blue truck, and the 福 thingies can be replaced with two artfully-arranged bottles of Taiwan Beer, 500ml and 330ml.

It is pretty silly. And the last time I checked a qipao isn’t supposed to be that short. I’d say it just reflects a complete lack of professionalism and common sense rather than sexism as such, though.

2 Likes

Not sure if you missed my sarcasm or not.

If it were run by a US government at one level or another, what would you make of it?

I’d be more on board if they had a back cover in which said women were in the doggy position to celebrate said Year of Dog.

2 Likes

I would say ‘pack your swimsuit, Miss Southern Union State Community College because you’re going to Atlantic City.’

I never knew there was a civil Affairs Bureau or what they even do before now. So I guess it worked?

1 Like