Road bike rental in Taichung

Great write up @Ally04 and thanks for coming back and sharing.

That area is very busy and crowded. However, since it is close to the main station, lots and lots of hotels and hostels there.

Aw, if I knew you were vegetarian, I would’ve made restaurant suggestions in Taipei![quote=“Ally04, post:20, topic:156267”]
Is it not common to sit outside, enjoy a drink, feeling the warmth? We missed that in whole Taiwan, wherever we got.
[/quote]

Not many bars like this, but lots of coffee shops that have outside seating.

More details on this! I want to hear his experience! Did he go all the way from Puli to the peak?

Hello

This is Chris the boyfriend of ally04.
I can give you some details of my ride to the peak.
we started from the sun moon lake area and ally was on my side until puli.
from that town i went alone.it was 55km straight uphill. very busy road on the first part.but the higher i came it became more quiet and nicer.
to enjoy that beautifull view is amazing. to do all that on your own power just gave me a great feeling.i never been that high.our mountains in europe are not that high.i mean mountains were u got a road.
i also saw some other cyclist on my way.i said nihao to everyone.
also the downhill was very exciting.on my way up to the peak there were no clouds. but later i became cloudy.and on the ride down i directly rode into the clouds.really amazing,never done that before.it was really a impressing ride but also a hard ride. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your account of the ride, Chris.

A very very well done on the 55km uphill. That’s a route that a lot of the cyclists here in Taiwan train for months to complete and you made it sound like you did it off of no training!

Cyclists in Taiwan are known to be very friendly. It’s too bad you didn’t get a flat haha! I would’ve guaranteed one of them would have stopped to help you repair the puncture and given you their spare tube or even used a CO2 cannister for you just so you could get along your way.

Hope to see you back soon!

Nothing to see here, people. Move along.

These are not the droids you’re looking for?

can talk me where to rent bike at Taipei

Please check this thread