Rulaizong religious movement Seafood Leader Gets Negative Karma Bomb

One of the top internet words in Taiwan 2017 was “seafood” because of this odd group.

Some pie for y’all. You’re welcome.

It’s amazing how easy it is to hijack a religion and twist it to manipulate followers. Just 2000 a month from 10,000 followers gets you 20 million NTD per month…

Man, I wish I had the thick skin to make up some religion.

2 Likes

Old people here are very easily manipulated. They also have branches disguised as normal college clubs all over Taiwan. Actually pretty much every major cult does, but success depends.

This guy’s followers all seem pretty young but they’re easy to manipulate too.

That’s kind of it, isn’t it? You’d have to be the world’s biggest douchebag to even try. With that in mind, this seafood guy looks the part.

I recently found out our factory manager is a member. Really surprised me as he seems like a normal guy. Smart engineer with a good head on his shoulders. Haven’t talked to him about this “religion” yet. Another coworker told me when he was apparently inviting some of them to a “meeting”.

1 Like

The first one is free. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Bro— that’s the opportunity we have ALL been waiting for.

1. get yourself invited
  2. infiltrate that Sh…t and be accepted — we need to know more about this sensational seafood platter
  3. tell us the main ingredients, the secret sauce
  4. who are the lobsters, the king prawns, the shrimps, crabs and others
  5. are they any sea cucumber? is it imported or local stuff ( i mean from overseas)?
  6. WE NEED TO KNOWWWW

:joy:

I’m a college student so I only know about how they operate within university communities. They get people to go to their seminars on something unrelated, usually by getting hold of freshmen rosters. Friends invite friends, students get special “discounts” when they pay to get rid of karma…et cetera. And of course it’s free before you start chanting 感恩師傅讚嘆師父 lmao

Wikipedia says this group appeals to “intellectuals.” I guess “morons” would have violated NPOV.

In Taiwan (and China), “intellectual” is code for “college graduate.” Their definition is just a tad different than ours, apparently.

Pretty much everyone here is an intellectual by that definition. We have 171 colleges on this island and more slots than students.

So I guess we can say that the intellectuals over here are interested in Hello Kitty.

I have no doubt that someone here has done a poststructuralist feminist critique of Hello Kitty for their doctoral thesis.

Well, somebody did write a history of the character. That’s how the internet learned that she’s not really a cat.

1 Like

There are over 2 billion Christians in the world, most seem like normal people as well.

Remember these were the kids raised to focus on nothing but their studies. Their mothers chose their clothes for the next day, and they never had to check their backpack for pencil or pen because their parents made sure they had them. That part us good but the bad is that they never had any chores not felt they contributed to the household in any way, but we’re rather under evaluation and scrutiny all the time for their grades. Always looking for approval, but not knowing what you like not what to think for yourself. No critical thinking. No sense of purpose. No self confidence.

And then someone offers them a bridge in Brooklyn…

It depends on the definition of cat. :2cents:

Interesting that they’ve modified their stance since then. I would say that she behaves like a little girl, albeit one who is drawn to look like a cat. She does human things (like going to school), never cat things. (Doesn’t she even own a cat?) Cf. Maus, the nonfiction comic-book Holocaust memoir in which Jews are drawn as mice, Germans as cats, etc.

when it comes to cults or any following, the reasons are plentiful. yes, i believe, some of his followers have gone that path that you described. but i’ve seen some of his youtube videos and there were a lot of elderlies as well, so i guess it goes both ways. i wouldn’t come to the conclusion that generation x can’t find meaning in life by themselves so they seek out to someone who can give it to them. this particular cult seems more like the typical abnormality every society faces once in a while and will perish once their founder and spirit leader is gone.